Saturday, August 9, 2008

Egads

Blood pressure today at one time rated at 140-ish over 116. I was so amazed at the bottom number I didn't really notice the top.
Yikes...
It came down quite nicely with rest and drinking water - but that really isn't a great sign. That and the fact that I've gained another 2 pounds since Thursday.
I wish I could see the retention - I'd feel better then (sorta) - but knowing that I have this fluid just building up somewhere isn't great. I don't have any shortness of breath or anything... so it isn't in my lungs or too tightly around my heart.

But Arrrrghhhhh!
(small and forced smile - chuckle)

On a brighter note: our counter-tops are FINALLY in! The guy will probably come install them on the 18th - and then I can FINALLY post pictures of the FINISHED renovations.

I probably haven't mentioned that we ordered them over 2 months ago, and the fabric for my drapes has also been backordered for over a month already... I really have been feeling this house will never actually be finished. But that is the old Kendall.

I am now an optimist. :)

9 comments:

Amber said...

oh kendall. i hope your bp comes down soon!! i don't really know what the #'s mean -- i think i learned in health class in grade 8, but i have long since forgotten! hmmmm, next blog post for you?!? :) praying for you today. all the best, have a great sunday.

Unknown said...

I'm prayin' darlin'. Those forced smiles are a good thing. FIGHT for joy!!! Jesus reigns!!

Susan said...

I'm praying too friend! Love you and ditto Laur - FIGHT for Joy!!!

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you and sending warm thoughts your way!! XOXO!

Darlene said...

Lots of prayers going out for you Kendall. Matt 11:28-30 HTH. Darlene in AZ

Anonymous said...

Put your feet up and just relax! Take care Kendall.

Heather said...

Keeping you and your little ones in my prayers Kendall.

Anonymous said...

Hi from the girls on 5100! We're wondering when you go to see your obstetrician and what they are going to do about your BP! Take care of yourself and that baby!

Anonymous said...

Checking often to see how you, Kurt and the baby are doing. Continuing to pray for each of you. Thanks for keeping us all updated. So glad that you are in the hands of the One who cares for you most, Jesus!
Wendy in Maryland