Monday, September 28, 2009

Breakfast Foods(?)

I probably could give my daughter peas and broccoli for breakfast - but I'd probably gag.
The only veggie I can handle before noon is a hash-brown... and the jury is till out as to whether that constitutes as one with all that lovely grease and crispiness.... 'scuse me whilst I meditate on that for a moment... Yum!

But I digress!!

Peyton wouldn't care. Lets face it: she hasn't exactly been a foodie to this stage. Milk, milk, milk... anything she has to chew is a novelty.

But as I was scrambling this morning to mush together bananas and apples for her breakfast while she howled impatiently from her highchair I mentioned to her that she was lucky I have breakfast standards which don't include squash. Apples and bananas are an acceptable breakfast.

Ironically, I'd eat Honey Nut Cheerios anytime of the day or night... so breakfast food can be carried over. But a chunk of sweet potato in the morning would just feel wrong somehow.

Do so-called "breakfast foods" have a strict cateory in your house?

Anyway... I had better go and defrost the bacon for my supper tonight.
Harvest widows break all the rules. ;-D

7 comments:

Jen said...

I'm like you! Fruit, cereal & yogurt for breakfast! Maybe some toast and eggs scraps from daddy's plate.
Veggies for lunch & supper.

Kelsie-Lynn said...

I agree...I don't want to eat a veggie for breakfast, fruit yes. But I also love to eat breakfast any time of the day, it just is so good :)

Anonymous said...

Yep, breakfast for dinner is a special treat. Dinner for breakfast just sounds gross. Isn't it funny how we're wired?

kelly ens said...

sounds familiar :) when Ezra was starting solids and i was introducing him to foods, he did get veggies at breakfast, but it felt WEIRD (and i felt bad that i was giving them to him then).
but now, breakfast is yogurt, fruit, cereal, normal breakfast stuff.
then anything goes for lunch and dinner (in that if he didn't have yogurt at breakfast, he'd probably have some at lunch :))

M or J said...

Dinner foods are strictly for dinner, in my opinion at least. The thought of a burger or chili in the morning makes me swoon. Mike, however, has easily gone into the fridge on any given morning and eated the previous night's leftovers for breakfast (such as the two items mentioned above). Gag! I couldn't do it. But I could definitely eat a stack of pancakes for dinner! :)

Victoria said...

We had breakfast for dinner last night! Sausage and scrambled eggs. I've heard that in some countries they eat salad for breakfast. No thanks.

Mrs Manz said...

Update: Kurt came home from work last night at 10 pm craving scrambled eggs! :)