Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Naps Are Awesome!


She literally wails until I get there - but once the blinds are open and she realizes that her Mommy has arrived...

Big grins! :)
We're getting her used to sleeping in the crib now. Actually I'm getting used to the idea of her sleeping in her crib now. Pretty much all her daytime naps are in there.
All 4 or 5 of them. Seriously.
She eats, plays for about an hour and a half, and gets tired again... nice pattern, huh? Anyway, with the sheepskin in her crib now (as opposed to the living room floor) it's quite luxurious for her - and it keeps her so very nice and cozy. As soon as the blanket is around her she nestles in (she's a burrower) and hardly fusses at all. The naps go anywhere from1/2 hour to 1 full hour... longer is obviously better: but no doubt she's growing! (see the next paragraph for those details)

Nice segue (which I think should be spelled "sag-way" - but whatever): Did I mention that our baby girl is ringing in at a whopping 16 pounds, 7 ounces - and is keeping it all on her thighs from the looks of it. :)
She's also at 24 and 3/4 inches - another half-inch from last month.
Hard to believe she was once this (approximately 7 pounds, 2 ounces - and 20 inches - at the time):

Awww... look at those skinny little arms and legs! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is such a cutie! Isn't it nice that when they're babies people think fat rolls are cute? I never thought Bug was a chubby baby until I looked at pictures of her at five months. She slimmed up a lot once she started to crawl! Peyton's got such a mischievous grin; I think you guys are going to have your hands full with her!

Mrs Manz said...

No joke: part of me wants to mutter to her as she enjoys her rolly-polly chubbiness: "Enjoy it while it's acceptable, kiddo." (lol!) ;)

kelly ens said...

i LOVE her chunky thighs. Ezra is quite a chunker too, and I love bathtime, because it means he gets to show off all his chunk for longer than a 30-second diaper change :) i just love it! it's hard to believe Taeya ever had chunky legs (miss chicken legs now!), but she sure did!
Peyton is SOOO adorable. i love the second smiley picture of her under all those blankets :)
ps. my word verification is "ofabaula" which makes me think, "O fabulous" - how fitting, talking about chunky baby legs!

Victoria said...

More of her to munch on!

Sarah Robbins said...

Ah, the last one is my favorite. So precious!

Anonymous said...

Her smile melts my heart! You are so blessed to have such a heart stealing baby diva.

She has grown so quickly, I cannot believe how much she's grown but she gets more and more beautiful with every picture.