Friday, August 14, 2009

Longings...

Yesterday Peyton found Autumn's bear. She was really quite fascinated by it and proceeded to climb all over it and give it crazy kisses.

As I watched her with amusement, I found myself wishing I could be telling a certain 22-month old that she has to share with her baby sister. The whole scenario played out in my mind - complete with a tantrum on Peyton's part after her sister ripped the bear out of her arms with a vehement, "MINE!". (small smile)

There are some days when the business of life makes the loss feels far away.

Sweet moments with an (almost) 10-month-old and a teddy bear can bring it back close enough to cause tears...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you have to bear this sadness and the longings for Autumn. I'm praying for the peace of God for you. Kiss Peyton for me. XX
Claire asked me at the bank today if Autumn was in Heaven. It was just a random thought. (It seemed random to me - I'm sure there was a process behind it.)
I ache for you but I know God is so good and He brought about your very best.
With love, and a lump in my throat and shaking hands...
Laurie

Jen said...

I often have those thoughts. Kind of bittersweet aren't they.

Dianna said...

go read my blog as we need your prayers right now

Vicki said...

Swallowing the lump in my throat as I send you hugs!! I imagine what a bittersweet moment that was!!!

{{{HUGS}}}

KathyG said...

I've also had many of those moments... Wondering what it would be like... Hugs to you!

Beth said...

Just a little glimpse....My mind wonders there many times too. Can be sad but peaceful at the same time...

sandi said...

I have just spent over an hour crying while reading your blog. I remember reading your blog when Autumn was born and from time to time I would think of your family and wonder how you were doing. I found your blog on Janelle's again tonight and checked in. I am so happy for you guys, and also so blessed and encouraged by your faith. I don't really know what to say, but I just wanted to say hi and that you are an encouragement to many. Praise God for both your daughters!!! Peyton is beautiful!

Sorry for the lameo comment, but I wanted to say something :)