Saturday, November 21, 2009

These Shoes Were Made For Walking

I have to say that listening to the bible on CD while walking on the treadmill has been a really good thing. I can walk while I work my way through the Word - two things that are both necessary and enjoyable for me.

Score!

Then I hit Leviticus.

This is dry stuff, baby.

"Burn this."
"Don't eat that."
"Dress this way."
"Sprinkle blood over there."
"This is 'unclean'."
"This is 'clean'."

... yikes.

So, if nothing else, this section of scripture is making me unspeakably thankful for the new Covenant which says, "You can't do it. Jesus did it. Trust Him."

Score. :)

3 comments:

Victoria said...

Aren't you glad we aren't under the law but under grace :)?

Kelsie-Lynn said...

What a good idea. I might have to try that and I agree thank you Jesus for saving us!

Lindsay said...

I thought that too until I took Religious Studies in University and learned about Leviticus. It's actually quite a fascinating book but my teeny tiny pea brain couldn't do it justice when I just read it through. It has implications for the rest of the Bible, let me tell you!
PS Do you have the King James Word of Promise version? With Jim Caveizel as Jesus? I have it and it's great!