Saturday, March 6, 2010

Shock and Awe

I just posted it on facebook - but it's significance is worth repeating.

My usual threat for Peyton when she's cranky is "Is it time to go night-night?" To which is often responds, with a vigorous head-shake in the negative and tries to smarten up a little. Nap time has previously been a hard thing to deal with for a little girl who is afraid to miss one moment of the day. :)

Today - however - she turned into a teenager.

She was kinda whiny while I was trying to do some reading. So I leveled the ultimatum.

She started to shake her head and then paused as she considered it. She then looked at me, cocked her head to the side and said, "Night-night."

Whhaaaaa???

So I waited a minute to see if she would follow through - and sure-enough, she headed for her bedroom. She turned around halfway across the kitchen as if to say, "Why aren't you coming?" and again said - more forcefully this time - "Night-night." and pointed in the direction of her room.

Oooo-kay.

I thought she was bluffing. But I followed her into her room, where she pointed at her crib and said it again. I thought she'd cry or something when I lay her down - but nope - other than one little cough, I haven't heard a peep in 15 minutes.

So I quickly got my workout clothes on and am going to milk this free time for all it's worth!







Talk to you soon!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

I love it when they ask for naps.

Lindsay said...

Hilarious!! What a riot :)