Thursday, May 10, 2007

Baby Manz is moving!


After all my humming and hawing (and knowing that my mother is reading) I thought I'd give a baby update.

This little person is starting to really move! I feel a "flutter"... almost like a muscle spasm but deeper, to the left, and just under my umbilicus (belly-button for those who have not been indoctrinated with the importance of using "professional" lingo). Either that or Snap, Crackle and Pop (Crick, Crack and Crock for my francophone friends) are having a fiesta down there.

Crazy. I know that I've said this to some, but it is such a great feeling to know that I haven't been gaining weight for no reason. (lol)

We've got our first ultrasound on the 14th - and we'll be 18+1 (weeks and days) so although neither one of us can make any sense of ultrasounds, I'm sure we'll be excited because we're at that "stage".

If the right mood hits, I'll be sure to give information from that here. Maybe. No commitment. :)

* Quick update: Kurt just called to let me know he is on his way home and when I told him what I "did" this morning (creating this blog) he said, "Oh Kendall!" but then he laughed... so what a relief. :)

* BTW: that picture above is not me - a flutter wouldn't be nearly as exciting if I was actually seeing a little foot-print on my belly... but I can hope for later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kendall, aww great to read your post... Can't wait to meet baby Manz. Keep the updates coming : ) Hey, how's postpartum going?

Sheps

Mrs Manz said...

Hey Anna!
Postpartum is amazing! I love the little babies and each one I hold I think, "Awww... I'm gonna have one of these!" (lol)And whoever said that is a slow unit was so wrong - I hustle all day there, and I'm doing assessments (full) all day - so I'm thankful for that.Thanks for asking - how's peds? Are you over-orientated and ready for India yet? :)