Thursday, June 11, 2009

Stolen From Sarah's Blog

BEAUTIFUL CHRISTIAN SISTER

By Maya Angelou
'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say.... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say.... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

--
Thanks Sarah!

4 comments:

Carol said...

Thanks for sharing this!

Sarah Robbins said...

Happy to share! Wasn't it encouraging?!

Vicki said...

Love Maya Angelou!!!

Kendall, your faith inspires me! I love my faith, but often wish it was as "complete" as yours. I don't know if that's the right word...I just often am so touched by your faith!!!

Unknown said...

Vicki & Kendall,
I totally get your comment. "Complete" faith. I am reading a book right now called "A Severe Mercy". It was written by a man who was a contemporary of CS Lewis'. This man loved - deeply - then lost and though he struggled he cme out the other side with a more "complete" faith. I wonder how one could not. Death is the ultimate trial. In death there is nowhere satisfactory to go but to God - the author of life - who holds the keys to death in his hands. The sovereign Lord who suffered more than any man, who understands more than any man ever could the pain of loss and grief. I want my faith to be "complete". I want to treasure God more than ANYTHING or ANYONE.