Saturday, February 13, 2010

She's My Child

This morning I was sitting on our living room floor, drinking the last of my coffee while watching speed skating. I gotta say: Peyton was kinda being a nuisance. (I say this in a loving way, though.)

She always wants to try what we have - doing this intense, chin-jut thing that is pretty cute... but then she moves closer, and closer until she's literally 2 inches from your face. Seriously? Oscar was more subtle.

So I thought I'd teach her that grown-up drinks aren't always yummy.
I handed her my pretty much empty mug with the words, "Okay you little mooch. Try this."

I barely held back on the "Bah-ha-ha!!"

She eagerly grabbed my coffee cup and took a swig of my coffee then grimaced.

"Sweet success!" I thought.

The little stinker grinned at me, said, "Ahhhhhh!!!!" and went back for another gulp.

Peyton: 1.
Mommy: 0.

6 comments:

Kim said...

Funny girl!
Markus always got a kick out of trying our coffee at that age too.

Hannah said...

Annika is just the same!
:)

Beth said...

Love it! I did that with Drew one day too, thinking he would not like what it was, but no, of course he loved it and wanted more...lol.

Unknown said...

Jay & I laughed out loud at this..darling! Watch out though!!

Lori said...

Priceless. Just think--that's a great life skill as an adult--being able to one-up someone who thinks they are one-upping you!!! And being so cute about it to boot!!! :)

Amber. said...

After I read "then grimaced" I was thinking WHAT THE HECK?!!! The parent NEVER wins with tricks like this. Then I finished reading...and it alllllll made sense :)