Wednesday, July 21, 2010

July = Swimming Lessons!

Peyton and I are doing the Mommy-'n-Tots swimming lessons at Shellbrook pool. (She's a 'sea-turtle'.)

It's kinda strange to be there with my own child (two of them present - truth be told!) when it was the very place I felt I was going to die many mornings doing those horrible "tread-water" torture sessions. :)

Although she is the youngest in her class, I have to say my girl is doing pretty well! She's pretty brave - doesn't cling to me too much, and has (even after only 2 days) started blowing bubbles, going underwater, and singing the swimming-lesson songs in the bathtub at night. :) "Motorboat, motorboat!" is great because she gets to kick her legs and splash us a ton and it's all in the name of "learning". (lol!)

I'm so happy to get to spend this time with her before it isn't just "us" anymore. :)


Kurt was actually able to come with us on the first day and take some pictures - thanks, my love! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So adorable. I love swimming lessons! Yay Peyton. Keep it up sweetie. Maybe you and Lukie will compete against eachother in the Olympics some day. :) tee-hehe

Sarah Robbins said...

So fun! Most of my summer memories from growing up include the swimming pool! Now Peyton will have such wonderful memories, too. Also, I LOVE her sweet little ponies. . . I am so sad we are not in Arizona anymore so we won't get to see you guys when you are there. If you ever want to check out the East Coast of the States, or the Atlantic Ocean- just let us know!!

M or J said...

Ahh, so good to see what you're up to. She's of course so cute, and you look great. Glad you're doing well. Have a great summer!