Friday, December 31, 2010

Monkey See...

Scene:
Peyton fiddling with remote for portable DVD player at table after supper.
Mommy and Daddy casually visiting when their daughter's actions come to their notice.


Mommy: What are you doing, Peyton?

Peyton (without looking up and still pressing buttons): I'm teckting Papa.

Parents exchange odd looks.

Mommy to Daddy (quietly): Did she just say what I think she just said?

Daddy: Peyton? What are you doing?

Peyton (raising her eyes slowly and appearing somewhat exasperated at having to repeat herself when it should be more-than obvious she is busy): I am teckting Papa, Daddy.

Pretty sure that wasn't one of my play-pretend scenarios as a 2-year-old...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

WELCOME TO MY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs Manz said...

#1: I console myself it is only my dad she's texting versus some boy. I would imagine Kurt would 'Amen' this with all his heart. (grin)
#2: there is no way that kid is getting her own phone before the age of 15 (earliest driving age) if this is already how distracted she is. (lol!)

Samantha said...

I know what you mean Kendall. Annabelle already totally knows how to work Bradley's Ipod Touch and she's only 2!

I can't wait to see you guys when you come out!! The girls are going to have so much fun playing together.

Vicki said...

Lol!! It's crazy how they click into the "tech" world so early!! My 11 yr old thinks he should have a cell phone. HA!!! I told him I would get him one when he gets a license (16 if he's lucky...lol...).
Although, I bet she sounded cute as can be saying that!! :)