Sunday, May 25, 2008

Some Reno(vation) Pictures!

I changed the title for Victoria. ;)
Here is the first batch...

The skylights sure give great light - Kurt working on painting the cupboards.

The first "finished" cupboard door - installed by father and son. They both rolled their eyes when I made them "pose" but were otherwise good sports. :)

There were some cracks in a couple of rooms. Kurt cut out the floor where they were and replaced it. This was only part of the job - it turned out really nicely!

Kiley and Jessica - taking a break from their own renovations to play golf, visit us - and eat watermelon. :) They are sitting on our temporary bed in the living room while we were all painting cupboards and cupboard doors. (I was allowed to help with those.)

Oscar getting his consolation for being ignored. Lori got him a throw-toy which he loves to run all over our giant yard with. :)

If you ever, ever have to remove wallpaper - rent on of these babies. We got an entire house full of wallpaper done in one day. By "we" I mean my in-laws and Kurt. I wasn't allowed to stretch or anything like that - but I admired it happening. :)

Oscar doing what he does best. Notice the bright white cupboards. I've got some more really great before and after pictures for later... but this is a glimpse of what was.

Kurt after sanding down some patches. (I made him wear the dust-mask... no hubby of mine is gonna get drywall lung!) Notice the green on the hallway behind him and the white floor. Neither one is there anymore! :)

I just love this picture because of the tongue sticking out. :)

Gord - supervising Kurt. :) For any of his coworkers who have noticed him being tired during the week... this man has worked HARD for us - the yawn is justified. We wouldn't have been able to get as much as we have done unless he and Lori hadn't dropped everything to help us out. So thanks so much, guys. We love you! :)

Okay - that's it for now... I've got to run - but more to come.
Thanks for checking everyone! :)

7 comments:

Victoria said...

When I read the title, I was wondering why you were in Reno, NV and then I realized what you were actually posting pictures of. Can't wait to see the final result! Looks like you and Oscar have similar jobs at this point :).

Anonymous said...

Looks great! And no I didn't notice Gord being tired...he only beamed as he told me about your new place and all the renos taking place!! :) Good luck!

Victoria said...

Haha. Thanks. I guess Canadians don't automatically think of the city in Nevada.

Vicki said...

So happy to hear it's going so well. The house looks beautiful!! Glad you're taking it easy!!! :)
Can't wait to see the other pics!! :)

Anonymous said...

Where are the pics of you supervising?:)

Whoo! What job! At least the weather is nice you can open windows to releive any dusty times.

Melissa and Ward

R.A. said...

Great pictures! How fun!

Unknown said...

It's looking great, Kendall! Glad to hear they are letting you take it easy and work on growing that baby. . .