Monday, May 5, 2008

At Long Last...

We had our first major prenatal appointment today.

The baby's heart was clocked at 160 b.p.m. strong and steady... when I heard it, could have wept with joy. I didn't... but I'm not ruling it out as more awareness of what this means comes to me over the next few days.

We're praising God with calmed hearts... thanks for your prayers, everyone. :)

This next week will be busy - as were the last few! My new job starts full-swing this week... I'm pretty excited about that - even as I'm a little bit nervous. We also got all the wallpaper off the new house last week and all the holes patched - next weekend will be painting. I'll post as I can with before and after pictures. :)

Thanks for reading, everyone! :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey you! You've got a little Claire there. I remember her bpm's being 160. "Is that fast?" I asked.
No sniffin' paint fumes (ok not TOO MUCH though). I'm really missing you lately. I look at your sweet faces every day. But some days that doesn't seem like enough.
God knows.
I'm praising God right along with you!!

Anonymous said...

Praise God!

Have fun with the painting ... we did some of that ourselves this past weekend. Always interesting, seeing as how I love to paint but am too short to reach much of the wall, and my wonderfully tall husband who comes along after me and finishes up what I've left behind loathes painting.

Could you send me your snail mail address sometime? (It doesn't have to be right away, just sometime when you have time)

Vicki said...

Kendall, it's great to get an update. Been thinking of you often. That beating heart is one of the best sounds!! I'm sure it brought you both such peace!! I'm praising God right along with you!!!
I didn't realize you were starting a new job - wow, you are gonna be a busy girl with that and the new house. Good luck!!! :)
Can't wait to see before and after pictures!!!!!
Warm hugs...

Anonymous said...

I'm so, so excited for you, and praising God along with you!!!!

Much love!
andrea

Dianna said...

Praising and thanking God alongside you

Anonymous said...

Praying you have a wonderful Mother's Day Kendall. I am sure this day must be difficult for you...I can't even imagine. I pray that our Loving Father blesses you tremendously next Mother's Day as you hold your newest little one in your arms!! Just wanted you to know I was thinking of you today.

Victoria said...

Happy Mother's Day, Kendall :)!