Wednesday, June 18, 2008

As Promised...

One quick post and then I have to go to bed. :)
--
The official handing over of our Saskatoon house was pretty emotional in a lot of ways. We've lived there ever since we were married - in fact I was renting the basement when I first met Kurt. So you could say that our entire history as a couple was tied to that house.
Add that to the fact that we conceived two babies in that house - and spent time both rejoicing and grieving there.
All my experiences "with" Autumn were tied to her room. Taking it apart was hard. Saying "goodbye forever" was harder. Her nursery no longer exists. There is no place that is especially "hers" anymore - and as thrilled as I am about this move and this new baby girl - it felt pretty final. I didn't cry, but I felt kinda "off" for a day and a half.
--
I'm really enjoying my new job. But ask me again after next Thursday - when I will complete 5 shifts by myself. (mini-gak!)
Orientation is such a comfortable experience. But it's done - and I'm like a little bird gently punted out of the nest. I've worked on my own already - so it isn't 'new' but honestly: I hate not knowing what I don't know... and the worst part is that you often don't know what you don't know until you realize you need it!
I know I've been given all the equipping I need with my education, and I know that I don't have to be super-nurse... I know the SRNA wouldn't have given me my license to practice unless I was qualified... yada-yada-yada. But it's still scary to be out there by myself. Actually - let me rephrase. It's scary to anticipate being out there by myself - but once I'm out there I'm okay. See? I'm a pre-freaker-outer. New word. Add it to your spell-checker....
--
I'm so happy for my friend, Andrea (and her hubby, Matt) - who is having a little boy! :)
--
I'm tired. I'm swollen (despite my best efforts) and I miss going to Kurt's soccer games.
Complaining done!
--
I really like sleeping at my new house. The lack of sport-bikes (demon bikes) drag-racing down my street at 3 am allows me to sleep in a strangely-sound manner. :)
Do you drive a sport bike?
Don't drive down my street
. ;)
--
Did I mention I'm swollen? Yeah - but this time I'm not complaining. :)
--
Goodnight!

4 comments:

R.A. said...

Thanks for the updates. You are on my mind and in my prayers more as your pregnancy progresses! God be with you, my dear sister.

Norma said...

We're glad to have you with us, Kendall! You are doing great but I remember the feeling from when I started.

Unknown said...

It's hard to say good-bye to the past...it's so, there...and the future is so, unpredictable. But God know's you needed to live in THIS house NOW. Trust Him. He loves you.
I am so excited that the Suttons are expecting a boy! Little Ben will bring them a lot of joy. We had them over the other night and they were so precious to watch together. There's nothing like the anticipation of a child conceived together.
I love you. I'm praying for you all.

Anonymous said...

You guys are always in our thoughts! :) Looking forward to celebrating with your family on Saturday. Just had to say, love the new word, pre-freaker-outer..I think that would best describe me 99% of the time! :) take care
Jodi and Breezy in Melfort