Friday, June 20, 2008

I Just Paid Off My Student Loan!!!

... and it was massive.
More than double what we paid for our car. There is no smiley to describe what my face looks like when I think about what I just typed.
My jaw is hanging.
Anyway... I'm kinda pumped!
The girl on the phone with National Student Loans even congratulated me 3 or 4 times. :)
Kurt will pay his off when he gets home later today. His isn't as big - but having both paid off, plus our old mortgage, will be a huge change for our financial state.
I'm sure the first time the money isn't taken from our account will be pretty cool. But for now it feels somewhat surreal.
Like.... 10 years of combined school never even happened.
Except for Political Studies 112.3 - without which we would never have met.
Love those North American politics! ;)

8 comments:

Victoria said...

Congrats! It's good to not be in debt (and it's biblical!). More money to spend on diapers :).

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That's wonderful! That'll be me in about a year!

Melissa
(and Ward via Duke)

Anonymous said...

Yippee! I have no idea what that must feel like--once Carl gets his current school bills paid off he's going back to school to rack up some more, and when he's done there I'll probably be going back, and then he'll go back yet again for his doctorate (and more bills).

We will be paying them off for the rest of our lives. Education ... talk about a double-edged sword!

Seriously, I am happy for you. Did you do a happy dance yet?

Janelle said...

yippppeeeeeeeeeee!! :)

kelly ens said...

now that is a joyful moment to celebrate!!! YIPPEE!

R.A. said...

I think the jealousy I'm feeling right now is totally unbiblical...congrats!

Dianna said...

Hey congratulations!!! I'm sure it's also a new sense of freedom you're also feeling!
BTW hey I just read you know what you are having!! A BABY GIRL!! WOW!! I wish I knew what I was having I would like to know so badly but they won't tell you where I take my ultrasounds. They are pretty tight lipped about that. Tell me again. when are you due??