Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My Burden

Why is it that every shirt I own suddenly has a tag that is itching me? Did my neck suddenly change shape? Due to... oh - I don't know - a tremendous amount of weight loss? (heh-heh... sigh)
I'm not joking, though. The last 4 days I've had to cut (or rip - depending on the level of frustration and the value of the shirt) the tags out of at least 4 tops - all of which I've owned for at least one year.
Go figure...
And a picture for today!
Hmmm.... okay.
Well, Kurt is kinda squinty, so I'll add another of them because I know Kurt is gonna laugh/groan and say, "Kendall, I look terrible in that picture." :)
I've really been missing blogging. Hopefully I'll remedy that in this new year - I've thought of numerous posts that I just - simply enough - haven't had the time or ability to sit down and type. And I'm a pretty quick typist. :) But - like I said - I'll try to make some time... and thus the super-short post. I figure better something small than nothing at all. (That rhymes, fyi... chuckle)
On another note, I've been thinking about Autumn a lot lately. I even shed some tears last night. Seeing Peyton grow and develop, taking pictures and passing milestones... sometimes it's a painful reminder of how abbreviated Autumn's life really was. My picture box for Autumn never changes - the number is set. Peyton's keeps growing and so does she. The contrast is just hard to miss at times. The strange part is that the grief is ringed by happiness. In our living room we have two pictures in matching frames: our girls. Girls. Plural. I love Peyton so much... and I remember the excitement and anticipation we had for Autumn. I'm so proud of both of them. But I do wish - with tears - that I had both here to love, cuddle and enjoy.
More to give to the Lord, today. (small smile)
Big sigh.
To end this post on lighter note: Peyton got her first shots yesterday (yes, I believe - quite strongly, actually - in immunization) and we found out she is hitting pretty much every developmental change she should. Not that I was worried but it's just nice to have someone else point it out. (grin) But she took the needles like a trooper - and it was nothing a quick little feed in the nurse's office couldn't make better. :)
Oops - so she's crying now in the other room and it's been 4 plus hours since her first breakfast... so I should jet. Thanks for keeping up despite my inconsistencies, everyone.
Blessings!

5 comments:

paige said...

i *get* that. Your grief is still so fresh & your joy ~ tho real & huge & comforting ~ doesn't take away your loss.
i'm willing to bet one thing though ~ that you're not through learning all that you will learn through Autumn's brief life. The box that holds those eternal lessons is just beginning to fill & as you carry Autumn in your heart through your whole life, God will continue to fill that box to overflowing...

Anonymous said...

Also on a lighter note, Peyton has a chin that very much resembles her mom's.
Lauren

R.A. said...

"yes, I believe - quite strongly, actually - in immunization" ha ha! Yes...in the blogging world people often pick up on the one thing they disagree with in your post and feel the need to correct for you.

Itchy-tag syndrome...I wonder if there are any immunizations for that?

Thanks for posting. Still praying for the fam.

Unknown said...

i second your believing quite strongly in immunizations. i was just listening today about the measels epidemic that broke out in san diego b/c of a family who didn't immunize. it affected so many people and could have been totally avoided! ok getting off my soap box now :)

dear oprah said...

I'm so happy that you're blogging again. You're a fabulous mom! Though that grief for Autumn is still there, you're love for both girls is apparent in Peyton. She is truly an adorable angel!