Friday, February 13, 2009

Be Mine, Valentine

Kurt, my love: on the 19th of January I had such plans to write a big, mushy romantic post listing all the 29 reasons I love you on your 29th birthday - or something.
But our child had different plans - so obviously it never got written.
In this particular case, I think that the day before Valentines I'm going to try to attempt to list as many things as I can before Peyton decides it's time I love her.
Or at least 29 things. :)
--
1) You're sexy and I'm mightily attracted to you. Should I just stop now? ;)
2) You have such a great smile: it reaches all the way to your eyes.
3) The tiny wrinkles that those smiles have created. It shows your character.
4) The way you help out as much as you can with Peyton: diaper changes, feeding, walking with her - there really hasn't been a task you've refused.
5) The way you listen to me when I need to vent: even if it's venting about you. :)
6) The way you love my family: treating my brothers, parents, grandparents and everyone else with respect.
7) You're always happy to see me at the end of the day. Although sometimes Peyton gets kisses before I do, now - I'm never forgotten.
8) You're my handyman.You've fixed furnaces, floors, hung pictures, changed lights, tuned up a treadmill and change the oil in the vehicles on time. I have actually forgotten how to pump my own gas thanks to you. Wait - that isn't exactly true: it just took me a really long time to figure out the sequence last time I drove alone. :)
9) The way you seem to hate wearing socks, unless - of course - it's with a pair of flip-flops. In public. I think you just like to see my horrified reaction...
10) You handle nagging really well. Some men would flip-out... you just ignore me with a smile. (lol)

10) You've learned to trust my sense of style: it only took a few cans of paint - but you think I can decorate now - and you like it. :)
11) The way you'll pause in the middle of a task and tell me that you love me.
12) You aren't put off when I'm grumpy. And when I get grumpier because you're laughing at me, you manage to tease me out of it. Good job, Superman.
13) You vacuum.
14) You squeegee the shower after you use it.
15) You encourage me to get my hair done every month... and just kinda plug your ears when I tell you how much it cost after I get home.
16) You see the value of the time I spend with my mom and gramma when I get my hair done every month. :)
17) You not only love the Lord - but you encourage me to do so - you are a true leader.
18) You love our church family.
19) You handle it well when I say, "I told you so." about the Economist magazine. :-D
20) The way you'll still cry for Autumn - even holding Peyton in your arms. You've never pressured me to move on faster than I was able, or responded negatively when I've needed to remember or reminisce.
21) You're really smart politically. We did meet in Political Studies, after all... it's like our heritage. (lol)
22) You're not afraid to admit you've been wrong, or changed your mind about things: whether the aforementioned wall color, furniture arrangements or Obama... I like that you think about stuff enough to reevaluate opinions.
23) Your laugh: it's so hearty and genuine... and the way your face scrunches up is adorable. I love being the one to make you do that. :)
24) The fact that you wish you remembered our wedding day better. (S'okay, you look happy in the pictures... and only mildly dazed.)
25) The way it was important to you to come to all of my prenatal appointments last year.
26) That you strive to not fear the future: you attempt to be eager to see what else the Lord will bring across our paths.
27) The way you always threaten that I'll have to work full-time if you think I spend too much money. I'm sure that my laughter isn't the desired effect of that threat - but I love how you're consistent. ;)
28) The way you just shake your head and look at me with despair when Peyton starts to cry about 5 minutes into Lost each week. (big grin)
29) The way you're genuinely happy for other people when they receive wonderful gifts from the Lord - you're not an envious person.

I did it!
Of course Peyton is squirming on my lap now - so not a minute too soon! :)
I do love you, honey. I'm so proud to be your Mrs Manz. It wouldn't be hard to list 75 things I love about you - so I pray the Lord gives us at least that long together. :)
Come home safe - we can't wait to see you. :)
yours,
kendall

2 comments:

dear oprah said...

What a wonderful list! I did this for my husband our first anniversary dating titled "100 reasons why I think you could be the one." I thought it would freak him out but I realized that men just need that little pat on the back to be recognized. So good for you for finding time to put your hubby on the pedastool. You truly are a very lucky woman. Surrounded by love!

kelly ens said...

this is fantastic and so sweet. i may steal the idea (not on my blog, just in general)