Monday, April 6, 2009

The Best Analogy I've Heard In A Really Long TIme

Scene opening - Kurt and I at our supper table eating chicken-and-rice dish prepared by yours truly:

Me: "Man! I love the taste of this dish!"

Kurt (shrugging): "It isn't my favorite meal."

Me (sullenly staring): "Well, I love it."

Kurt: "Well, I should say that I do like it but just not as much as other stuff."

Me: continued sullen stare (not my most God-glorifying moment, I'll admit)

Kurt: "Yeah. It's like the Miss America pageant."

Me (shocked out of sullen stare): "Huh?"

Kurt: "Just 'cause a girl finishes last doesn't mean she's ugly. It just means she isn't as pretty as the winner."

I have to say, that was a pretty good one.
I'd personally say this dish is "4th runner up"... but it's all kinda subjective, right? ;)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That was really funny..way to get outta that one Kurt!

Unknown said...

Kendall, 3 posts in one day! Wowza! I am blessed. :)

Mrs Manz said...

4, actually! :)High chair, monopoly, random and this one.
I'm on FIRE! ;)

Victoria said...

Yeah, not sure if I'd take the Miss America comment as a compliment. At least Kurt is honest?

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! I have trouble getting precise answers out of Kevin regarding a new meal I've made. He usually says it's okay. Then I have to proceed to ask him whether I should make it again. And after several more interview questions I finally get an appropriate answer...the length of the conversation usually depends on how mischievous he feels...sigh.

Larry B said...

Kurt is my HERO !!