Monday, April 6, 2009

Some Women Meet Their Husbands At the Door With Candles and Romantic Music

My husband appreciates a ready-to-play game of Monopoly on the table.
He was pretty exited (considering I bought it for him for Christmas with the statement - as he opened it, "I hope you can find someone who will actually play this with you." chuckle...)Really, I dislike Monopoly a lot (Balderdash is more my style). It's ruthless - and Kurt is kinda a slum-lord. This game ended with he threw a couple of hotels on Baltic and Mediterranean and I was losing upwards of $400 bucks each time I passed "go".
Since I know God controls the throw of dice, I guess He's trying to teach me something sanctifying by letting Kurt whip my behind... So what can I say? God is growing me. ;)But boy, I love this man's smile. :) Worth the humiliation, right?
At least that's what I say a few days after the sting of defeat has worn off....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't worry Kurt, Peyton will be "playing" monopoly with you soon enough..right now you can enjoy the fact that Kendall doesn't mess up the perfectly placed money in front of you or try to swallow your playing piece. I understand your humiliation, Kendall. I don't think I've EVER won at that stinkin' game! But that DOES NOT mean that I don't manange my money well in real life. Right?! Our hubby's are so alike..Jay would be a slum lord too..while I love the idea of walking down and owning Park Place & Boardwalk!! More's the pity. :)Mad Gab is my game of choice.
Love you guys.

Amber said...

heehee, you are way too cute! fun post!!

Mrs Manz said...

Post Script:
Kurt said I made him sounds like some kind of un-manly dud. (lol!)
So for clarification: my husband is a red-blooded male who would enjoy candles, romantic music and (ahem) anything else that goes along with that situation.
He just enjoys Monopoly a LOT. ;)