Monday, April 6, 2009

Randomness, Thy Name is MrsManz

Peyton seems to have a vendetta that brings forth the systematic destruction of all my clean pants.
But she does it with a smile.
--
Our dryer is in the process of dying. It leaves big, ugly red rust-streaks across clothes for some reason. We ordered a new one the other day after Kurt had two good shirts wrecked. Shucks. ;)
--
Peyton has a new cry where she sounds like a Wookie. Did I spell that right, Star Wars aficionados?
--
Hey - did I mention we bought a minivan? Sure did - we traded in the truck for an '08 Dodge Caravan with the DVD player and all the stow-n-go seats. I love it. If the new dryer didn't make me feel like a grown-up...
--
My tan is fading. Already.
The Scottish were not meant to be brown.
--
I'm going to learn to make my own baby food tomorrow. Yaaaayyyy.
The upside of this is that it will save us lots of money.
The downside is that it will kick my lazy butt into action.
Perhaps - if I am not cynical - both are upsides.
--
Seriously. All my pants have been spit up on.
--
Rearranging furniture together is a true test of marital solidarity. Kurt and I passed that exam on Saturday with an approximate B+.
--
I think that my first two paychecks are spent - in theory - already on stuff we have to get done this summer. Including (but not limited to): a fence, camping x 3, Waskesiu, a new fridge, a possible road-trip to BC to visit our friends who just moved there, and all the house upgrades that didn't get done last year. :-P
--
I bought Peyton a little swimsuit and "swimmer" diapers yesterday. I'm ridiculously excited to let her use them on Easter long-weekend. :)
--
The next time I'm in Prince Albert I really need to go to head office and get a new picture taken for my Health Region ID. The last one has serious preggo face. I'd say it had to do with security concerns... but the truth is that I'm just vain. ;)
--
I took a break from tea today and made myself a small pot of coffee. Just a small one, Kurt!
--
I've set a tentative date for Peyton to start sleeping in her own room. (Big sigh...)
--
Oh - I'd also like to spend some $$ on another trip to Arizona in November to see NASCAR. That's the offical story, anyway.
I really just miss my friends down there tons and tons. :)
Kurt thinks the drive would be nice... we'll see... there is a lot of potential blizzard country between us and the sand in November.
--
So speaking of work (or not) I have my first full day of reorientation on Wednesday: go easy on me, Norma! :)
--
Dang! The sunlight is bouncing off my wedding ring and glaring me right in the face. I guess it's a true diamond. (lol!)
--
I'll take that as a sign I should remove myself from in front of the computer and go finish my coffee. :)
--

12 comments:

Unknown said...

No!!! Don't remove yourself..stay here...I miss you too... and I love all your randomness.
I love you friend. I'm thinking the drive would be wonderful too...but NASCAR in AZ?? I didn't know we had NASCAR here..shows how ignortnt I am. Trin is missing Kurt.

Unknown said...

that was supposed to be "ignorant"

Sarah Robbins said...

You are welcome to stay with us in November since we missed you this visit- sisters getting married and all. :) We want to come try to visit you all in your two months of summer. . . The minivan is a serious step towards adulthood, one I am seriously dreading one day! Props to you on the babyfood, I have lots of friends who do it, and hippie-me plans on it when I have little birds in the nest. Love you guys!

kelly ens said...

i assure you, baby food making is really easy!!!! i just learned myself, and it's just a matter of steaming and pulverizing in the food processor :) you'll love it!

Victoria said...

Yeah, homemade baby food is simple and a whole lot cheaper and tastier than store bought stuff. The mess in the diapers is less disgusting too :). A minivan? You're such a mom.

Vicki G. said...

Randomness? Ah, a woman after my own heart!;-) My hubby just said a few nights ago when our 6 month old grandbaby was making noises...and I quote, "She sounds just like a wookie!" I guess they're on the same page! Maybe when you come again we can have a play date! We miss you too, and I so loved meeting your wonderful parents. You can tell them that I've decided to be a more diligent pray-er after they shared at church.

Unknown said...

making your own baby food is so easy. i did it with cael; never once bought the jarred kind. makes their transition to regular food much easier. and they're more likely to eat veggies as toddlers, too, if you've made their baby food. it's such a sinch! let me know if you want any tips on what i did. have fun!!

Anonymous said...

Uhm, I really really hope you come back here in November.. I miss you guys so much already! Thanks for letting me come hang out with ya everyday after work. Kendall, it was like having a third sister around especially when we went shopping.. yup, we gotta do that again :)PS. Matt keeps telling me how much he likes the "Canadians". He says that they are just "so down to earth and everything they say is just really funny!" So know that you are missed and loved :)
Debby E.

Anonymous said...

kudos on the minivan!!! We bought the exact same kind last summer and it is awesome =-) Yes, it makes you feel old....but it is SO great for just tossing all the kids junk in and going!! Besides, I think it is an inevitable step once you are a parent...be it sooner or later...LOL!! Glad to hear you and your family are doing well =-)
Julianne

Anonymous said...

Kendall, Matt actually wanted me to clarify that he loved the fellowship with you guys... not just that you were fun and interesting. Thanks ;)
Deb

Norma said...

I hope I wasn't too hard on you!

R.A. said...

preggo face is glorious.