Monday, May 4, 2009

What I Love About Being a Mom

For you, Sarah...

1) Seeing her smile with recognition when I go in to get her up from naps.
2) Her little hands and feet.
3) The absurd pride I take in her chubbiness.
4) Praying for her.
5) Watching as she (shock of shocks) starts to display a sin nature. It proves to me that my job is going to be long-term. :)6) Nursing her.
7) The way she watches me over her dad's shoulder as he leaves the room carrying her.
8) Playing peek-a-boo.
9) Learning to think beyond my immediate wants and needs to consider what is best for her (wait a lot of years for this one to start taking affect...)10) The way she "sings" to me while holding my face and giving kisses.
11) Playing dress-up with her. I never did dolls - but this more than makes up for lost time.
12) Those giggles!
13) Seeing her and thinking about all that has brought us to this point: amazed that she's growing up so quickly but so, so thankful.

Uhhummm... 13 is kinda an odd number to end with, I know.
But if I keep going I'm going to get both over-indulgent and redundant. :)

3 comments:

Sarah Robbins said...

Ooooh so sweet! I love that you love being a mom. We have all prayed so hard for it, and it is such a blessing to see! Well, "see" over the internet. :)

R.A. said...

Regarding #5 I was speaking with my friend Stephanie one day about wanting to make an impact for Christ in the world and she said that right now she feels her biggest duty is to preach the good news to her house full of "little sinners." I laughed. It's easy to just assume your friends kids are gonna be Christians by default, but she was soooooooooooo right! They're born without Christ and need to discover him just like their parents did. Weird to think about.

Linda said...

I loved your list. I can remember those kinds of tender moments when my girls were little.

My little blessings are all grown up now and they are now big blessings! Ha!

I praise God for them, and for my grandkids.

Have A Happy Mother's Day
Linda