Friday, May 1, 2009

Quickly Typed...

Just a few quick thoughts:

- One year ago today we took possession of this house. I was very nauseous as we began the process of renovation. Glad that's over...

- Peyton started sleeping in her own room last Monday. It was both less challenging and less traumatic than I thought. I didn't wake up until she cried at 4:30. Kurt said that he got up and checked her at 3:30... but the rest of the week has been incedentless. (is that a word? Whatever.)

- Now that she's in there - she makes little squawks until I come in. She has figured out to watch the door while she squawks. It's pretty cute to see her face light up as if to say, "I knew it would work!"

- She's in 9-12 month sleepers. Oy!

- The whole "working one day a week" thing is going pretty well. It's great to have my mom and grandma so close by for short shifts. I actually have come home at noon on a couple of days to nurse Peyton.

- My treadmill broke. :( (And no, it wasn't me arranging a convenient accident like some mafia boss...)

- Our taxes are done (right under the wire)! And we actually get something back this year. Something to the tune of "I just might get my new fridge and freezer sooner than I had hoped".

- The lawn is starting to turn green! :-D

- Every once in a while, Peyton will be playing and then all of a sudden she'll burst into tears. I think she bites her own hand with her new choppers. Those little suckers are sharp. Don't ask how I've found this out - but the original discovery involved me yelling, "Oooowww-chhhhhhhh!"

- Kurt has started getting ready to start with seeding again: so between the two of us we're holding down 4 jobs - and only one is mine. We're having a little bit of trouble getting quality time together that doesn't involve Kurt falling asleep during the last 10 minutes of Lost. (Seriously. I don't know how he does it.) Anyway, I'm hoping this season of busyness is short. :)

- Okay - high-pitched yells coming from the other room - must run! :)

4 comments:

Shiela said...

Thanks for the updates Kendall! It's so exciting to read what happening.
So, how is the solids going for Peyton? And how's making the baby food for you:)

Pam Goosen said...

Hey Kendall! It's so great to read your blog and feel connected with you guys! I'm so glad to hear that all is going well! Peyton is sure growing up - and continues to be SUPER adorable! We miss you guys!!!
Pam

Unknown said...

Ya, thanks for the updates. I like going through these stages with you. You are great parents! What a gift you have in that crib!
Speaking of treadmills. Jay and I have decided to get on ours every night until we fit into our summer clothes...I've thought about breaking mine!

Sarah Robbins said...

Hey friend, I am doing a contest for moms so come check it out! Happy Almost Mother's Day!