Sunday, July 12, 2009

She Likes to Move-it, Move-it

So all of a sudden I have this little girl who likes to move around all over the house. She isn't exactly crawling - but does manage to get pretty far between bum-scoots, rolling and just general squirmyness. (not a word, I know...)
Exhibit A:The "I tent my bum and spin in circles" move. Very effective for subtle movement which takes Mommy a while to notice."What mom? You didn't see or hear me moving down the hallway? Hmmm - I have no clue how I got here either!"
Exhibit B:
The, "Hey! If I can get my bum on lino I can really slide far!" move.
She had been over by us on the couch and made her way (with purpose) to the kitchen where she could try and pull herself up on the kitchen chair. She didn't get it that time - but the other day I found her standing up in her crib.
Nice.
Exhibit C:
The, "I don't like to lay where mommy puts me in the crib so I'm gonna sit up and move around until I get so tired I just literally fall over and go to sleep" move. (I don't make these names up, you know... ;-D)I found her at the bottom of the crib all bent over. All I can say is that it's a good thing little kids have almost no stiffly-formed bones and joints - an adult in this position would suffer for days afterward!

No comments: