Saturday, January 23, 2010

It's been 30 Years...

... Since God created this perfect man for me. :)
I wanted to do a list as has become my tradition for the past few years - corresponding with his age - the 30 things I love about him.
Alas, I have a child who is about to wake up from a nap and I'd rather just give one of my favorite memories from this year than be interrupted for the next week. :)
--
Allow me to paint the scene:

We were driving around Langley BC in a pounding rainstorm trying to find our hotel. The radio was playing pretty loud because, oddly enough, it seems to help Peyton stay asleep.

As the opening beats of a song came on, Kurt gasped and cranked the radio - even louder than it had been.

After looking in the backseat to make sure our sleeping child was still doing just that, (she was) I turned my eyes upon my husband who was now moving his head back and forth and tapping the steering wheel. It also registered that I didn't recognize the tune at all.
And so, I waited.

I have to say that although I knew Kurt went through a rap phase in high-school and first year of university - I had never been exposed to it.
Imagine my shock as my husband - perfectly in-sinc with the radio - proceeded to recite every world of Tupac Shakur's "California". With attitude.

When he saw my jaw drop, he only winked and proceeded to do the west-side hands while he spun his rhyme. (Is that the term?)

Oh. My.
It was super-duper cute, and still makes me smile almost 3 months later.
Who knew rap could be so sexy? I sure didn't! :)

So happy 30th birthday to my very-own 50-cent.
I love you, Kurt, 'cuz you just brighten my world. :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Kurt!!

Kim said...

Hilarious! I really can't picture it, and that's what makes the story all the more funny.

Happy birthday Kurt!

Sarah Robbins said...

Happy Birthday, Kurt! They say 30 is the new 20- let me know! :)

Lindsay said...

oh my goodness, that is hilarious!! how I wish you had a video of that :)

Heather said...

I love the story ... and all the adorable videos of Peyton. What a joy she must be for you :)

And I totally missed your note on my blog about the post ... thanks for mentioning it again. You are more than welcome to use it if you would like! The words just poured out ... and after I found them perfect to explain what loss of one child and then the birth of another is like.

Vicki said...

That had me laughing out loud!! I JUST listened to that song this morning on my IPod!!! LOL!!! That's a pretty tame "rap" song - it's got a great beat! I would have been bopping with ya Kurt!! :)

Happy Birthday!!! :)

Mrs Manz said...

I know, right? A video would have been great. :-D
It is pretty tame - I put it on while I was on the treadmill the other morning and Peyton has also developed her own interpretive dance version. ;)