Tuesday, August 17, 2010

3rd Trimester, Dead Ahead

Today I have a foot, or elbow, or knee - something pointy! - sliding back and forth across my belly. 'She' has really ramped up her activity - and I'm really feeling the subsequent energy drain. (chuckle)

I told my manager I'd work until October 18th - but I'm wondering how that's going to play out. Not for lack of willingness to try, though! Take yesterday for example: I didn't even have to "do" too much, but after an afternoon of computer work I was almost limping as I left the office. It felt like 'she' was plucking at my sacroiliac nerve like a bowstring. (grin)

Even with this being my 3rd pregnancy, I'm surprised to remember how quickly the 2nd trimester "honeymoon" turns into 3rd trimester exhaustion. I guess it is official tomorrow - so I really shouldn't be shocked that I'm starting to get achy, short of breath, and am also - on top of everything! - waddling. (lol!) I'm not complaining - really. I'm just kinda amazed at how fast we got here.

It doesn't 'help' that our past 4 weeks have been a constant stream of activity: working, lakes, camping, driving, date-weekends (:))...

We want to do all this stuff - but when I wonder, out-loud, at 7 pm, "Geez. I'm tired. I wonder why?" Kurt just looks at me, my belly and our calender as if it say, "Duh, woman."

So onward we press - and this summer is flying by. We've gotten to do pretty much everything on our list: lots of swimming, time outside, and quality time together. B-G-III continues to grow, and is making up for her lack of activity over the first few months every night. I have two weekends back-to-back come end of August and September long... and then things will start to - please Lord? - slow down a little.

Just in time for harvest. (grin)

1 comment:

allisonwhitehawk said...

I enjoyed the update. :) I was just thinking yesterday how both you and Jess are about to start your 3rd trimester! Already!! These pregnancies have definitely been zooming by, which I'm perfectly thankful for. Now I just want her to drop so I can breathe again!