Friday, August 6, 2010

Two Years Difference

A comparison of these two pictures made me feel a little better about my 25-week gestation body. :)

After looking at them too long, I started to think there was no actual difference. Then I asked my mom and she said, "Wow. You're doing good." (grin!)

So yeah - that extra 30 lbs I was carrying while pregnant with Peyton does show in the first picture a little bit.

One more point which makes me happy: the first picture was taken around 7 am - before I went to work. Fresh hair, fresh makeup - clean clothes... you get the point.
By the end of the day I was no-doubt puffy, saggy and otherwise severely- haggard looking. :) It was also an emotionally challenging pregnancy - which I think aged me a little bit around the eyes.

It really started to show up around 28-29 weeks. In those pictures, I look exhausted and big.

So that said: this second picture was taken at 11:30 pm Wednesday night: after I had worked all afternoon and been kept awake because of coughing the night before. I was also having a less-than-perfect hair day, and wasn't wearing much for makeup.

Don't get me wrong. I'm no pregnant Heidi Klum (sigh...), but overall I'm thinking, "Meh. (shrug-sound) I guess it ain't so bad after all..."

With only 13 weeks go go, I'm thanking Jesus that this pregnancy has been relatively stress free so far. Baby is kicking like mad - growing great, and I'm busy enough that I'm literally forced to let God do his thing.

I'm thankful that despite everything every pregnant gal goes through with body-image, etc - I've been able to get pregnant again and that my body is doing okay so far. :)

I'm also very thankful that my bum hasn't gotten as big as it was. :-P

10 comments:

Jen said...

You look fabulous!!! And YES smaller then with P.
Isn't the body amazing?
I'm trying to remember what it feels like to wear 'normal' pants... ;)

kelly ens said...

definitely a significant difference - you look fantastic!!! :)

Mrs Manz said...

Oh - I still have a pair of exercise capris that I'm clinging to.
I wear the band below the belly. I feel like a middle-aged man dressed inappropriately at the mall - but I shall not give up! (lol!)
Thanks for the encouragement, Jen. Eagerly waiting for the news! :)

Vicki said...

Aww Kendall - you look beautiful!! You are glowing!! :)

allisonwhitehawk said...

You look amazing! I agree, definitely smaller. Can't believe how fast your pregnancy is going, but at least that means mine is going fast as well. Hopefully we can take another church preggo-lady picture this Sunday before we all run out of time!

Mrs Manz said...

Thanks everyone! Allison - I'm not going to be there on Sunday - but how about the week after? September should also slow down... eventually. We'll get one with all 4 of us yet! :)

Unknown said...

You look great! And your blog does too..nice job on the feet!!!

Ashley said...

I think you look gorgeous! You should not be self conscious at all. I am so glad this pregnancy has been less stressful for you!

Molly said...

You look lovely, Kendall! I'm so excited for you!

Julianne said...

ha ha.....innapropriate man at the mall.....you're funny!!! But yes, you look much smaller and beautiful no matter what! Glad to hear this pregnancy is going well! Take care!
=)