Friday, October 15, 2010

Autumn Remembered

It just so happens that the official day chosen to remember little ones lost was her due date.

Robert Munsch has given me the perfect words of reflection regarding my feelings on the life and death of my firstborn daughter.

"I love you forever. I love you for always.
As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be..."



"To lose ones parent is to lose the past.
To lose ones spouse is to lose the present.
To lose ones child is to lose the future."
--unknown

I know my future was not truly 'lost'. I still live. And I love my 2nd and 3rd daughters with renewed hope .

But when I look at this picture - especially Kurt's expression - I experience, again, how it felt to lose the hopes and dreams we held for her.

One short day was not enough for this Mommy.
We miss you, Autumn.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you today.

Kelsie-Lynn said...

Praying for you.

kelly ens said...

Very special that these days fall together. thinking and praying for you today.

Jen said...

Praying & thinking about you these days. So many dates coming up for you...

Beth said...

I remember looking at all your pictures of your family and Autumn for the first time and they were so touching, especailly the one of your dad holding Autumn on his chest...so precious. I am thinking of you today and saying a little pray for comfort. I hope on Autumns 3rd b-day you are feeling peaceful with Peyton and the new little one soon to come. So thankful for the Lord's love toward us and his rainbow's after the storm :-)

Unknown said...

Kendall, listen to "Your Hands" by JJ Heller today.
He's holding you still...

Mrs Manz said...

Thanks everyone.
Laur - I added it to my player. Thanks. :)

Molly said...

It's so crazy to remember now, 3 years later. It seems like another lifetime sometimes. Remembering your precious Autumn.

Vicki said...

I read this on Friday and the words just got stuck in my throat and I couldn't convey them. The picture brings back all the sadness I first felt when I read about Autumn!! It is incredible that the two days fell the same. Truly a wonderful way to remember your first child.
I pray that you and Kurt felt some peace on Friday but I imagine that pain never truly goes away.
You remain in my prayers...