Monday, November 22, 2010

My Daughters

Life is pretty much absorbed with being a mommy these days.

Tenley's days and nights are righteously mixed-up. :)
Peyton daily bids for attention I'm trying my best to give.
Kurt is working really hard to get the barn fully winterized as winter has officially arrived - so that means some long hours with the girls in my snowbound house.
Thank goodness for satellite tv and a new season of What Not To Wear. (grin)

Life is good. Hectic but good.
Hopefully I can blog soon.
Hopefully. :)

I told Kurt that Tenley brings Autumn to mind more than Peyton did for some reason.
I think it's her eyes.
When closed, they remind me so much of Autumn on that last and only day of holding her. Peyton's eyes were smooth when she had them closed.
Autumn and Tenley both have wrinkles.
I never saw a resemblance between Autumn and Peyton - but Tenley brings glimpses and reminders of both her big sisters.
Genetics are a strange thing at times...

I wonder if God is giving me a glimpse of what my beautiful firstborn baby girl would have looked like had those eyes opened.

These are bittersweet musings... pain mingled with humble thankfulness and joy for our third daughter's safe arrival.

But I do miss Autumn these days. More than in a while. Tenley's life is bringing to mind, on a daily basis, the loss of her oldest sister.

Not expected emotions on my part.
I guess I should learn to stop thinking I know what to expect. (chuckle)
I'm not depressed - lest anyone be worried. But I am reflective. That's not a bad thing.
Honest. :)

Thanks to everyone who continues to keep our family in your thoughts and prayers. :)

4 comments:

Murray said...

We do. (Response to last statement in your post).

Carol said...

Hope that Tenley soon gets her days and nights switched around! Glad that she gives you little glimpses of what Autumn might have looked like!

Keep warm - we had a temperature of 14 degrees today, but I understand that some cold prairie air is coming my way!

Unknown said...

I love you. And thank you for blogging even though you're beyond tired and seriously busy. I will pray for you. I think it's a good thing that you're remembering Autumn - the way she looked - and that those memories keep you close to your Father's heart.

Molly said...

I was just reflecting and comparing Felicity and Cadence's looks. They look so much alike it's just astounding. I think it's somehow God's special gift to me to be able to see something of Felicity in her sister.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here, Kendall!