Tuesday, November 2, 2010

November 2nd

It's true... the day we've been waiting for for months is almost here.
November 3rd is tomorrow.

I still have to pack that darn hospital bag. I know, I know.
Bad. I really do know that.
(parts of it are 'stacked-neatly' in my room - ready for placing in a bag... so it isn't all bad)

But - I dunno... deep down I just kinda know I won't go into labor early. It isn't even something that runs in my family (maternal side, anyway).
Having been through this twice before, I think there would be a few more signs - and I never got that sense.

That said - if I'm wrong and my water breaks in the next two hours - you have my permission to say, "Silly-procrastinator, Kendall."

But the girl's (plural!) room is done.
And absolutely delightful! :)

Kurt did a super job of building a closet-organizer - from scratch. I told him what I wanted (handed him a scrap of paper and said, "Can you build this closet for me by next week, honey?"), and he did all the measuring, cutting, painting, and placement.

Everything fit perfectly the first time. I'm so proud of him.
Peyton - after seeing the completed project for the first time - said, "Wow! Good job, Daddy!" I think that might have meant even more to him than my praise. :)

All of the kid's clothes now have a place in the closet, and the change-table can be kept solely for diapers, blankets, bedding and receiving blankets. A dream come true...

Peyton is beyond thrilled at her big-girl bed. The first thing she did when she saw it put together this morning (we finished up after she went to bed in our room last night) was grab a book off her shelf and "read" in her bed. She also keeps looking at the two new pink walls and exclaiming, "Wow! Pink!" with a big grin. :)

(Funny story: After the first coat, Kurt stood back and said, "We're promoting our own breast-cancer awareness with this room." lol!)

The only things missing are the closet doors, toy box and the new baby's name-lettering.

The first item is in Saskatoon waiting for pickup at Rona. (We had to custom-order them because the size of the opening isn't 'standard'.)

The second is waiting for pick-up at my parent's house (a 3rd generation toy box, no less!). It will likely go at the foot of Peyton's bed (where that tub is now).

The third is an item custom made by my dear friend Katrina - who has her own family (including a baby daughter!) to contend with. :) But we'll eventually get it hooked up - and the letters will go above the crib just like Peyton's are above her bed.

Both the first and second item(s) have to be primed and painted - but Kurt has this lovely thing called a 'heated garage' which makes painting an easy task even in the dead of winter. :)

Having a room which can hold the belongings of two children in an organized fashion made us decidedly more relaxed - versus last week when we were thinking something along the lines of, "Where the heck are we gonna put TWO kids??"

It also helped that I was successful at washing, sorting and organizing all of Peyton's old clothes. I purged just the right amount of "stuff" to assure I'm not overwhelmed later.

Today holds the intensive house-cleaning that has been severely neglected the past few weeks.

(I need clean bathrooms before I can go give birth. Is that strange?
(I already know your answer, Jen V.T. - lol!
Disclaimer: I will not be washing my floors on my hands-and-knees today!)

Laundry (including sheets, clothes and towels) washed, winter-bedding on, dusting, garbage out, fridge cleaned, and - of course - the bathrooms, vacuuming and washing the floors (with a mop!) are all on the list.

Basically, I don't want to worry about anything but sleeping and nursing when I get home. :)

Anyway... thanks to all who are praying for us. Peace of mind seems to be a harder thing to fight for as we get closer. Even last night as we finished the girl's room, I was dealing with, "What if..." thoughts.

But I am choosing to trust God with hope - which is pretty all-encompassing - be it hope that all things will turn out well - or hope that He has done and will always do what is best for us.

I'll do my best to keep you posted! :)

17 comments:

Beth said...

So excited for you!!!! The girls room is beautiful!!! Will be praying for you, and I can't wait to see pics of the new little one and pics of Peyton as a big sis!!!!

kelly ens said...

the girls' room looks fantastic!!! (we seem to also be promoting breast cancer awareness with Taeya's room ;)
you have a LOT to do today...i hope you will also take some time to rest! will be thinking and praying for you :)

Kiley/Jessica said...

The room looks Great Kendall! And good job Kurt, the closet looks so organized! I feel quite disorganized compared to what you've done, but I guess I am not going in tomorrow...I just don't know when I'll be going...oh well.
I will be thinking and praying for you tomorrow. Kiley and I are very excited to have another niece!
Love you,
Jess

Mrs Manz said...

Ha-ha-, Jessica!
Well - keep in mind this came together pretty last minute. I AM going in tomorrow - so that doesn't make us THAT organized. :)
I know about the closet, though... I'm so excited every time I go in there because I KNOW where everything is! :)

Jen said...

Bahaha!!
Nothing like a clean and shiny house before baby! That's when my house is the cleanest!!

I JUST asked Brian this morning if he could build an organization system for the kids' closet this winter! I'm gonna steal your layout!

Many prayers and thoughts for you these next days! Can't wait to hear (& see pictures) of the news!

Carol said...

Wonderful job on the bedroom - the closet is so nicely organized that it hardly needs doors!

Don't work too hard today, but it will feel good to have all that cleaning done. Best wishes to you all, and I will look forward to hearing all about the safe arrival of your new little daughter.

Laura said...

It looks so good!
I'm so excited for you guys and it will be good to have lots to do to keep you busy today. We will be praying for you guys tomorrow.

Kelsie-Lynn said...

So excited for you and praying for peace today and tomorrow! The room looks fabulous and makes me realize I have a lot to do yet!! Don't overdue it today!

Vicki said...

Wow - it's beautiful!!! Love the colors (my faves)!! :) And I agree with everyone - the closet is awesome!! I can imagine how wonderful it feels to walk in there and have everything where you can grab it!! Great job Kurt (love how Peyton told him good job)! :)
I totally get the "house being cleaned" so you can come home and focus on baby!! :) It's a great feeling!!

Will be praying for tomorrow and praying that God will give your mind and heart rest so that the "what-ifs" go far, far away!! :) And I'll be SO excited to hear the good news of your precious third daughter!!
{{{hugs}}}

Julianne said...

Glad to hear you got things organized...the room looks sweet! SO excited for you guys!!! Praying for a safe and easy delivery for you and baby Kendall. Can't wait to see pics of the new little one (and Peyton with her!!) Take care!

Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

Great job on the room! I know how wonderful it is to accomplish that. It looks great!
I have been reading your blog since 2007 and your loss of Autumn. I had my first baby girl the day after Christmas that year and my heart broke for you.
What's really cool is that we're both having babies tomorrow. :) I have a baby boy who will be born by c-section tomorrow morning. Can't wait to see pics of your baby girl. Congratulations a day early! Praying that everything goes perfectly!!!

Sarah Robbins said...

It looks SO great! How fun. I love that Peyton is so excited. Can't wait for little new baby to get here!

Heather said...

You will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow as you wait to meet this precious little one :)

Unknown said...

I'm praying for you all. So many thoughts run through my head. I'm actually worried...really. But God knows my heart and He's reminding me to rest in his loving arms.
So...I'm going to eat a donut and continue cleaning my house until I hear about the safe delivery of your new little girlie.
I love you.

Allie said...

Kendall! I have been praying for you ... and compulsively checking your blog ... since yesterday morning. (If there are like 300 new page views, that would be me.) God has you. And I can't wait to see pictures and hear the story!
Love,
Allie

Dianna said...

i'm with allie [the above commenter] hurry we need to hear the news already!!

Unknown said...

Phil 4:19
Phil 4:4-8
Matt 6:25-27
Ps 107:1
Rom 8:28