Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Sound of Silence

My mom sent me a text me this morning with the news that the music player on my blog was no longer working due to licensing restrictions in Canada

When I checked it out - I was even more sad than I thought I would be to see the player refuse to load up.

I added that play list very shortly after Autumn died. The songs I chose to put on there reflected my heart - my grief and struggles to believe that my God was sovereign and loving in the midst of tragedy. In fact, the initial songs were the ones we played at Autumn's funeral before and after the service. Each song has always been purposefully added - each has meaning to my life as the last 3-and-a-half years have gone by.

I've often - over the years - simply tuned to my own blog site and let the music play while I go on other websites, walk on the treadmill, scrapbook or talk on the phone. And the funny thing is that I'm not the only one who has done that. Many of you have let me know what a blessing you've found it to be in the seasons of your life. While I'm well-aware that many people will pause the music player to read - enough of you have let me know how God has spoken to your heart to encourage me to keep it up.

It really has been the reflection of my heart: and I'm genuinely sad to see it 'gone'. If you read this blog from the States, you'll have to let me know if the music still plays. If not, I'll take down the player until I find another Canadian-available option to add to the blog.

Thanks Lord, for the time it was there.

5 comments:

kelly ens said...

awww, that's too bad :(

Unknown said...

I've still got music here....sorry for the Canadians tho :(

Sarah Robbins said...

Oh so sad for the Canadians, but it's still loading here in North Carolina.

Anonymous said...

Still here for this Yank. I hope you can find some option that works for you in Canada.

Vicki said...

Aww Kendall - I'm sorry! But thankfully for us, yes it still plays.
I can't tell you how many of your songs have made it to my IPod after hearing them here. And yes, I have popped out the playlist and let it play. Thank you for that. They are beautiful and I know how much they mean to your heart! I'm glad I can still hear them!!
{{{hugs}}}