Thursday, June 7, 2007

Thoughts on Convocation

As amazing and unreal as it seems, we did it! We got through 4 "challenging" years of clinical/theory/assignments, wrote our finals, and convocated. Wow... I drove past the university yesterday (on my way to work), and thought, "I'm really done with this place!"

... until I go back for my Masters and PhD... ha, ha! Got you, Kurt! ;-D

There are so many people I would love to thank for getting me through this task: my brothers and sister's-in-law, my Baba and Gydo, my grandpa W, Kurt's parents, my church family... I know I'm forgetting people. Sorry! Your support over the years has been unwavering, and you've all been such a blessing... other people were able to be there on Tuesday - and some of them are pictured below:

1) My "girls"... some of whom are missing because we couldn't find them for a picture in the crowd, others who convocated in October, and another who is in India planning her wedding (hi Ruthie!) Honestly, school wouldn't have been nearly as big of a blessing without you guys - and I praise God for the friendships He has allowed us to develop with each other. Each of you are a unique blessing to me in your own way - and I pray that we'll continue to have bunches of "4 years" together. :) You are all amazing nurses!

2) My Gramma W: Now we're both nurses! :) It has always been something special that I've been able to share with you: and we speak the same "lingo" (although Cody is starting to be able to pick up the "talk"). Your excitement and encouragement have always been on of the things that have kept me "enthused" about this process... it was an honor to have you there on Tuesday. I love you and Grandpa VERY much!

3) Mom and Dad: Wow! You guys have been such a blessing over the years. Asking questions, and giving support. Loving and praying... hearing my Daddy yell, "That's my girl!" as I walked across the stage was such a blessing and I'll remember it always (especially since my brilliant mother decided to video the process). I love you both more than words can say! I know it took time out of your very busy schedules to be there... but it meant so much to have you sharing in the day with me. I love this picture, too: Daddy! Your eyes are open - good job! :-D

4) My "Chief among 10,000": Kurt, my love... aside from my salvation, you are the single greatest gift the Lord has given me. He has used you to get me through the last 4 years, and hearing you yell, "Congratulations baby! Whooooo!" made me giggle as I shook the Chancellor's hand - this accomplishment belongs to both of us! But that entire crowd (all 1000 of them) knew that my husband loved me... and I was again made aware of what an incredibly special man I have married. Submitting to you in the Lord is often a challenge - not because of you - my own selfishness grieves me often. But by God' s grace, I'll spend the rest of my life here on earth trusting and loving you more as we grow together. I see how you daily love me and our "little one" and I am both humbled and amazed. Nursing was/is a path... but this marriage is the road that I love traveling with you daily. Thank you for choosing me - you are my best friend in the entire world, and I love you!

That's all for now: thanks for reading everyone!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww Kendall...this made me almost cry when I read it.
I enjoyed it very much.

Hey Mrs Manz- why don't you post a picture or two of Oscar's response to you and Kurt being away at convocation?
(Dad's idea- not mine)
Love you xxxxxooooo
00000 (Big hugs for Oscar)

Victoria said...

So, although you are pregnant in these pictures, you pretty much look like all the other girls in their big graduation gowns. When are you going to post profile pictures?

Congratulations, by the way! How exciting to be done :).

Mrs Manz said...

Ahhh... thanks Mom and Victoria!
Two good questions:

1) We didn't take pictures of Oscar's "congratulations" because it was a little stressful... although in hindsight I should've taken them for "memories" sake. :)

2) And a profile picture isn't exactly a exciting thing for me right now. :) It'll come... eventually. (lol) But thanks for your encouraging words! I look at those pictures and think, "Hmmm... chubby pregnant face..." (lol)