Wednesday, April 16, 2008

How to Help Your Grieving Friend

I've been reading Molly Piper's blog lately (yes, she is John's daughter-in-law) and she's just finished doing a small series on How to Help Your Grieving Friend.

For those who don't know - she and her husband lost a baby girl almost one-month to the day before we lost Autumn. I even blogged about it when I found out. In a lot of ways, God used that to prepare me for losing our daughter. Even as the world stopped - I knew I wasn't the only one of His children He had given this too... and that helped a lot.

I've found the 7 parts to be very insightful. I encourage you to check it out. Just so you know: it's pretty specific to a child-loss... but the basics could be applied in so many areas that a person would grieve.

I'll link all 7 parts - although once you get to her blog you can always read them there. But if there is one of these titles that interests you - you can go straight to it now. :)
Oh - and by the way: I'm not posting this because I felt lacking in any area of support - on the contrary! But if you know someone else who is grieving - and just are so unsure of what, how, and if you should reach out or say something... this might be helpful. :)
Blessings...

3 comments:

Beth said...

Thanks for sharing this, it is always good to know how to help a friend, even if you have been through it yourself. Another blogger buddy of mine just lost her little boy and I have been praying about what to write to her and thinking about the things that brought me comfort in those first few days. I hope that you are feeling good!!!!

Dianna said...

Thank yuo for the useful links. I will most def. check it out as I just recently lost a dear and special person of mine who lost a courageous battle of cancer. She's a mother,wife and to me a relative and friend. I just got back from her funeral yesterday and I'm still torn.

Mrs Manz said...

Beth: It still hurts to hear about other people's losses - in a lot of ways I'm glad for that: my world is bigger when God shows me other's grief. I hope you can comfort your friend - I'll pray for you. :)

Dianna: I hope her links can help. I've just found them to be really relevant - I'm truly sorry about your friend. Praying for you...