Monday, October 1, 2007

'14 '

It is kinda a double-shocker... to be close enough that I can say "Only going to be going to church a few more times without baby." or "By the end of the month we'll have a baby..." and thinking of the whole due date as so few 'days away'. Wasn't I just at 50 days? :)

Birth doesn't feel imminent - but I know it will happen sometime. Kinda like the Lord's return... doesn't feel like it but just as certain as childbirth. :) Crazy. And - by the way - I notice that the baby on the right decided to nap during the entirety of week 37, but has decided to grace us with a view of his/her blue eyes again. :)

Yesterday were blessed by a visit with Kurt's folks who dropped off my birthday cake (yes... rapidly approaching 27 - might be able to fill out those preadmission "what is your current age?" question sheets after all) and some garden produce. The fun part of the afternoon was creating a 'pool' (of sorts) to guess the due date, weight and hight... we've kinda given up on gender because I can visualize both - and now I truly do have to wait and see! :)

So since the birthday is so close (even if I went massively overdue - it is still close)... and I'm home most of the time - I figure that I can put updates on of some kind ("interesting" updates are so subjective to define...) pretty much everyday.

Maybe. :)

On another - sobering - note: I just read the message that John Piper preached at his granddaughter's funeral. She was a full-term stillborn baby - Felicity Margaret. I am more convinced than ever that this baby of ours - and his/her little (or not!) movements - including the heart and lungs - are fully in God's hands... and I pray for the strength to love my Lord more even as Piper and his family are striving to do despite what He brings across my path - remembering where my hope and contentment are based and clinging to Jesus no matter what. Check out the blog here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

very exciting that your little one is going to come so soon! i totally enjoy feeling as you are right now and am very excited for you!
to answer the question on my blog, yes, cael does sleep on his stomach. ;)