Wednesday, April 23, 2008

6 Months Gone

Six months came and went. I was dreading it - and the day ended up being so busy that I didn't have time to mourn. I did enough mourning leading up to it, I think. Saturday the 19th - early in the morning (around 2am) I lay in bed with tears thinking it was exactly six months since the last time I felt her move. It was hard... but God used some other stuff going on with family to keep me distracted - and for that I am thankful.

Today I went back and read some of my own posts from right after we found out she had died - and right after she was born. If I ever doubted the value of journaling thoughts and emotions... let's just say I'm glad I can go back and remember where I've come from.

I'm reminded Who had held us... and rejoice in the fact that I've made it through 6 months without Autumn. I quake inside with the hope that, perhaps, in 6 more months I will hold her little brother or sister in my arms. I pray so.

I saw a Ron DiCianni painting once - a rendering of Simeon holding Christ at the temple after waiting his whole life for the Messiah. Joy - unspeakable joy - and tears. You can peek at it here - but it isn't nearly as good as seeing it live. :) It'll have to do for now, though. It captures the emotions of how I think I'll feel when I finally hold our child in my arms.

... lots to bring before God, isn't there? :)

One other note: yesterday our back yard was filled with fat-little Robins! At one point I counted 30 in our tree alone - and the neighbor's tree was full as well. The cat (belonging to another neighbor) was going nuts... (chuckle) Some of them are back today - but not as many as yesterday. It was truly amazing - wonder what they were all doing here?

9 comments:

Beth said...

Glad you made it through the 6 month mark...quite a milestone. I think I was the same as you..the days leading up were harder than the actual day. The last 6 months have been life changing and like you said in 6 more month Lord-willing it will change again for the good.

Anonymous said...

I check your blog often and enjoy your updates. Gord thought it was such a coincidence b/c I was home sick the day he shared your good news with our staff at school and he checked your blog and I had signed it that very day from home after I read your announcement..so I think he was pleased I knew the same day he told the staff. I also enjoy your music on your site so much that I will leave it open as I work on school stuff or other things on the computer...:) thanks for sharing...
Just wanted you to know we think about you often...even though I do not know you..I think so highly of your father and mother in law and have been so blessed to know them..we keep you all in our prayers..
take care...
Jodi and Breezy in Melfort

Anonymous said...

So sorry Kendall (and of course Kurt), for all your sorrow, pain and suffering. Hard to believe that your little precious Autumn came into this world 6 months ago.
We are continuing to pray for the safe arrival of her bro/sis. I think she would have been a wonderful big sister.
I pray that admist the uncertainties, you will beable to experience a joyful pregnancy....what a lucky child to have you and Kurt as his/her parents!
love you guys,
shiela

Anonymous said...

HI KENDALL: WOW I AM USING MY LUNCH TIME TO READ AND POST COMMENT ON YOUR BLOG. YES MY CHILD WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU AND KURT AND YOUR LILLLE ONE ON A VERY REGULAR BASIS MANY, MANY TMES A DAY. NEEDLESS TO SAY WE ARE SO VERY PROUD OF YOUR CONTINOUS LOVE AND TRUST YOU HAVE IN OUR LORD.I CANNOT EVEN IMAGINE WHAT YOU ARE BOTH FEELING. SORRY I MUST RUN THE BOSS CALLS. LOVE GRANDMA W

Anonymous said...

What a breathtaking painting! I got choked up just looking at the reproduction ... can't imagine what it looks like in real life.

We're keeping you all in our prayers ...

Vicki said...

Kendall, I'm so late with my comment - but I read it on that day and my heart hurt for you. We pray for you and your precious bundle every day and I truly look forward to the day when you joyously post of the birth of Autumn's brother or sister. That day will come - I just know it. I too am so glad you have your posts to go back and look at and see how far God has brought you. You are an amazing woman Kendall and I'm so inspired by you and your faith.
That painting was amazing and I believe that is how you will be.
Many blessings and hugs coming your way....

Holly said...

What a beautiful link. thanks for posting it, I had never seen it. Breath taking painting.

where ya been? I miss your posts!

you always amaze me with your beautiful posts - God has blessed you with the gift of writing.

a strange note - my husband is a worship leader at our Assemblies of God church - he heard this song from your blog - "Beautiful Savior" by Casting Crowns - He said - "What are you listening to? I was feeling led to share that song with our church body" I love how the Lord works - so amazing!

He is so worthy of our praise!

Thanks Kendall, I think of you and Kurt often. Praying for you daily!

Blessings,
Holly Wadding
western PA

Dianna said...

It is now 6 months since your last post!lol! Really, seriously you are missed

Janelle said...

thought about you alot today...wondering how you are. i'll pray for you too. HUGS! :)