Friday, October 31, 2008

I'm Actually Missing Blogging...

And I guess that title says it all. :)
I've got so much on my heart and mind - I hadn't really realized how much of an outlet this thing has become for me.
So - first available opportunity (happy baby, hubby home) I'll sit down and give - at the very least - the story of how Peyton got here.
Oh - and just so people know - it wasn't entirely "spontaneous". We did induce - with the goal of missing all those painful anniversary days. But, for various reasons only the Lord knows, it didn't work the way it was supposed to and Peyton's birthday is the 19th. But - like I said - I'll give more of the details soon.
She continues to be a very content and relaxed baby... great nurser. And (of this I am proud) has brought her weight up to 7lbs, 10ozs as of Wednesday. What can I say? "Mommy got milk!" (chuckle)
Seriously, though - after all the pain of the last year it is such a blessing to be finally able to supply my daughter's needs. Seeing my body prepare to care for a child when she wasn't there was one of the hardest things I had to go through. Talk about a constant reminder...
More pictures coming soon!
Thanks for reading everyone!
Four generations: My Gramma White (Peyton's GiGi), my mom (Nana), myself and the little star of the show on the day she was born.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful 4 generation pic! We got one of those in Dasha's first week. And my grandmother is GiGi, too! (Although we usually shorten it to GG, because we're New Englanders and all, and believe in being economical with even our words, although you wouldn't believe it to read this comment, or even this sentence ...) You look disgustingly good for having just given birth!

Congratulations on Peyton's weight gain! It's so fun to see that growth and development, especially in the early stages. Take lots and lots of pictures!

Unknown said...

I guess GiGi and pretty popular. My Great Grandma was "GG" and my hubby's mom we call "Nana". I love this photo too. So much joy in that little bundle. I'm so happy that nursing is going well and that she's growing so fast. Don't blink. Before you know it she'll be a toddler and you'll be suffering from morning sickness while trying to keep her out of the knife drawer!

Anonymous said...

Love the picture - you deserve so much happiness, Kendall!! You look truly happy! Can't wait to meet your little treasure on Sunday! Lots of love, Pam

dear oprah said...

Gorgeous! You are truly blessed with love and family.

Vicki said...

Kendall - it's so good to "see" you. I'm anxious to hear the story and see more pics. I still am on top of the world for you!!!
That picture is awesome!!! What a keepsake!!!
And that's the day she was born? You do NOT look like you just gave birth - you look fabulous!!! LOVE that rosy glow in your cheeks - pure Joy!!!! I couldn't be happier for you!!!! I'm a sap but I still get choked up just seeing her!!! :)

Andrea said...

Kendall, I heard about the loss of your little Autumn last year through a mutual friend, Janelle Loewen. I cried so many tears for your family and have "lurked" your blog periodically since then(sorry if that's weird!!). I have prayed for your and your husband often, and am so thrilled to see these new pictures and hear the news of Peyton's birth. Congratulations on the birth of your daughter! I love that name, but because my last name begins with P we decided it wouldn't be fair to give our child the initials PP!! :) Anyway, I hope you're doing well; my heart is joyfull fo you all.

--Andrea Padgett

Christy said...

I love this picture! Your Mom and Grandma look too young to be Grandma and great Grandma!

R.A. said...

Amazing pic! Love it.

Jessica said...

Well there's no family resemblance there is there? :)