Thursday, October 2, 2008

Post 7 of 9 (September 28th-October 4th)

So I made it back from Regina. (Yay!)

I'm a little sore (a little more sore) and stiff from all those hours in the car and sitting at the conference. That condition wasn't helped by going straight to the field to ride around with my hubby in the truck for a few hours - but the smile on his face when he saw me more than made up for the discomfort of bouncing around on a hard seat. :)

Tomorrow is my birthday - which will probably be just another harvest day (us lucky October birthdays...) but I think I'll go ride with Kurt for some of the day. He was really feeling badly about not being able to do something with me... but I told him I'd let him make it up to me later. (chuckle)

I've been working on my hospital list today - I'm kinda paranoid we'll forget something essential when we go. We used to live only 5 minutes from the hospital - so if we had forgotten something it would have been pretty easy for Kurt to go home, or for someone to pick it up for us... but I'd like to avoid that this time around and a full-hour out of the city. I listed off some of the items I have written to Kurt who phoned a few minutes ago, and after a pause he said, "So... are you thinking you'll have to go to the hospital soon?" :) (He may be thinking about all that bouncing around in the truck last night...) I don't think so - but I guess I couldn't really rule it out, could I?

Regardless - I cannot believe we'll be at 21 days until induction tomorrow. The memories of Autumn come so clear now: my 27th birthday and her being 38 weeks along. Part of the grief is remembering how "innocent" we were. There was no clue anything so horrible could possibly happen - and yet 2 weeks later our world changed forever. Instead of rejoicing and planning her first birthday party I'm happy that her headstone has been placed... I never, never could have pictured this.

But by God's grace, the sadness of those memories has me praying daily and hourly for this little one who continues to fidget and move around to my sheer delight. Thanks for your prayers, everyone. I'm trying to continue my quest to finish Autumn's album... I've hit a little roadblock where some pictures are concerned - but that probably isn't anything I couldn't overcome by just sitting down and studying them for a while. That said: my ankles didn't respond well to the hours in the car or the truck last night - and other than a quick blog post ("quick") and some laundry I should probably avoid the whole "sitting at a desk for hours/standing up and walking around" thing. :)

BTW: I've been "tagged" by two people now (Katrina and Rachel Ann) and they are both different "tags". I am planning on doing it - it just might not be right away. But just so you both know - I'm not ignoring you (thanks for thinking of me). :)

7 comments:

Amber said...

post 7 of 9! do you KNOW (of course you do!!) how close you are to meeting your precious baby girl??! yay! i'm so so excited for you.

and...your hubby FARMS? i had no idea. mine too :) farmers are awesome.

blessings to you today!

Victoria said...

I concur. Farmers are awesome even if that was a past life of mine. I still have fam in the business though.

Hurray for just 21 days and happy birthday (tomorrow)!!!

Unknown said...

i was SO swollen the last few weeks of being preggers with cael. i do not relish those memories but thankfully it all goes away!

Jen said...

Your paragraph about your innocence is so true for us too...
Prayers and many thoughts to you as you near Autumns birthday and also meeting this new little life. Especially praying for peace and health!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! You have a beautiful "birthday" psalm - Psalm 3 - especially vs 3-5. It seems so descriptive of your grieving time with Autumn.

ByHISgoodGrace said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
We are both October bday girls!
Neat.

This post is just lovely.
The way you're sharing is so inspiring.

I didn't think you were ignoring my tag--at all--just busy being very pregnant!

lots of love

Kelsie-Lynn said...

Happy Belated Bday.

I wanted to comment on the packing for the hospital thing since I also live an hour out...the best advise a fellow rural mom gave me was just pack it if you think you might need it and pack in seperate bags (ie. one for the delievery room,one for after, one for the baby, one for the dad...etc.) it felt silly packing what felt like a lot and a few different bags but in the end I was glad I had done it that way. Even though I did still forget a few things. The thing I was the most glad I packed where my own recieving blankets and diaper shirts for the baby (since our girly was allergic to the ones the hospital supplies) and the thing I wish I hadn't forgot the most was my breast feeding pillow.

I also forgot to line up someone to watch the dog. Opps...we'll call that a pregnancy brain moment. So you might want to do that if you haven't:) Anyways praying for you all lots. Take care.