Friday, November 28, 2008

The Difference Between Kurt and I...

... is that when I have a strand of burnt out Christmas lights, I just get a new box (I bought a package of 4 from Costco 4 years ago in anticipation of some burning out).
Kurt goes through each (each!) light bulb and checks them until he finds THE burnt one and then systematically changes all the other burnt out lights until the strand is finished. He does this as his wife says, "Just get a new strand! Seriously, Kurt - it isn't worth your time... I'll get the new strand FOR you!" :)
But it worked - the tree is lit.I guess he's saved us a few bucks. And (after having no spirit for the season last year) I'm all set up for Christmas! :)
A few other random mental meanderings:

- About the gassy baby: It isn't that she has been that way the whole time which is why I'm puzzled. The spit-up seems to be when she's super-full. Babies are like goldfish - they don't stop eating! (I found that out before Kurt and I were married and I was watching his fish for him - he still married me after a few cranky comments about mismanaging children... ha! Got him anyway!) I have a list of 4 possible things that could be contributing - also a possibility is the vitamin D drops - it's been worse when I give them to her. But thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. I'll keep you posted.
Here she is being comforted by her daddy. He's good at it even when exhausted. ;) I think the picture below was followed by a very firm, "Okay, Kendall - ENOUGH." What, darling? You don't like the flash when trying to sleep? (lol)
For the careful observer: she's wearing her "I was born at Royal University Hospital" sleeper - that thing was HUGE (unwearable) on her when we came home. What a little chunk! (grin)

- We spent last weekend in Southey where Peyton got to meet both her Great Grandma (and aunts and uncles) and her Great-great grandma.
Five generations: Kurt, Gord, Great-great Grandma Manz, Great Grandma Manz, and - of course - the star of the show.

- Anybody want to buy a truck? (click it to see the add) We're selling ours. Sigh. I LOVE that truck (it has heated seats - bestill my heart!) - but with fuel prices it's better to keep just the car. We'll need two vehicles when I go back to work - but for the winter one will work. (I just hope there are no major blizzards we have to drive through.) The fact is that if I had to go back to work early JUST to make the truck payment I'd be irked... so this, although sad, is a very grown-up and mature decision to make. (soft tears falling)
(This is actually our truck... we took pictures for the advertisement. Nice, huh?)

- Peyton is going to be babysat for the first time by Nana and Papa tonight because Kurt and I are going to my staff christmas party. I haven't started her on the bottle yet - so the plan is to run-and-gun it. I'll take her there - feed her, and hope all stays well for a few hours while Kurt and I enjoy an evening out. :) I'll have my cell phone in case I have to come home early... but I'm sure they'll do fine - and I'm not saying that in a pointedly doubtful, "I sure HOPE so!" kind of way. They raised me and did an okay job. ;-D (In my personal opinion...)

- Peyton has recieved some pretty big stuffed animals so far - but we got the one that trumps them all from our friends at church. The mother of all teddy bears. Don't believe me? Observe:
We had to seatbelt it in on the way home. :) Really. You should have seen all the funny looks from people in other cars. But we love it - and I'm sure she will appreciate it more as she grows. Thanks Gary & Susan! :)

Hmmm... that will have to do for random mental meanderings for now. Peyton is making squawks from the other room... so I'll put up this last photo to prove that occasionally I hold the baby (when awake... chuckle).Thanks for reading, everyone... I know I always say that - but seriously - thanks!
k.

postscript: I just noticed that some of the pictures are cut off and I'm not sure why. Just click them to see the full picture and I'll try to figure it out for next time... cruddy technology...

4 comments:

Jen said...

I love reading your posts about being a Mom. You have such a beautiful family.
I can't wait for our own wee one to make it's debut! 2 more weeks!

Anonymous said...

I just buy new strands of lights too!
Have a nice evening out.

Anonymous said...

LOVED the 5 generation shot! Amazing....your little girl is so beautiful!!! :)
Jodi and Breezy in Melfort

Victoria said...

Christmas already? I guess since your Thanksgiving was in October, you didn't really have another holiday to think about. I'm eager to get our decorations out. I'm glad you have much to celebrate this Christmas!