Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happenings (not really)

So I've been meaning to post for several days - but Peyton has had other plans. I could list all the spit-up incidents... but I'm sure that would be unnecessary. She's kept me busy. 'Nuff said...

Time has moved so fast that I even got a notice in the mail the other day from the SRNA telling me that my registration was about to lapse (gulp!). So I've been frantically trying to get all those ducks in order so that I can still be a RN in good standing. (I worked out all those final details just before I started this post - sigh of relief!)

We're busy - Peyton is more gassy which makes for a fussier baby... but I'm going to try to eliminate dairy from my diet for a few days and see if it makes a difference. There is also the possibility (I suppose) that it could be some kind of reaction to coffee. But since I only drink one cup a day, and I need a cup of coffee in the morning, I'll see if the dairy experiment works first. :)See? Before coffee neither one of us function too well. ;)

Otherwise... I HOPE to post soon. HOPE.
Thanks for reading, everyone....

8 comments:

rachel joy said...

Hi Kendall,
My friend had a fussy baby and couldn't find much help online so she started her own website. She's done tons of research and totally knows her stuff. If things get harder to manage, be sure to check her out!
www.fussybaby.ca

Unknown said...

I heard that it takes dairy a month to filter through your body..you may want to stay off dairy for longer than a few days to really see a difference. When I did it I stayed off for a month or more and lost a TON of weight. Plus I felt better too!

Anonymous said...

We're having similar issues with Benjamin; I've eliminated dairy as well and we've seen a marked difference. The doctor says he has acid reflux, and may end up having to take medication! :( I'll be praying for you; I know it can be a bit trying when your little one is in pain and you can't immediately fix it!

Much love!

Anonymous said...

Kendall these pictures are just too cute! Keep them coming and let us know how the "dairy fast" goes for you and Peyton.

Continuing to thank the Lord for blessing you and Kurt with another baby girl. We are excited for your family.

Much love in Jesus,
Wendy in MD

Unknown said...

do they sell gripe water in canada? it's this conncoction made of all natural ingredients that helps a ton with gassy/fussy baby. they sell it here at drug stores and even walmart i think. and if she ends up having acid reflux, try a mixture of water and apple cider vinegar. really helped cael and was totally natural. hang in there!!

Jessica said...

My little girl spit up ALL the time when she was a baby. I can't remember how many times in the car when we had to turn around to go back and clean everything up! I couldn't eat dairy either when I was nursing, but because she was congested all the time. I like the picture, very funnY! And I actually got audited by the Alberta RN people and had to send in learning plans/goals and all that while i was on mat leave!

Victoria said...

Mylicon drops seemed to help Samantha when she was gassy.

Carolyn said...

My 2 oldest were fussy and would VOMIT all over me. I mean ALL over. It was quite bad. We took them to a pediatrician and found out that they had acid reflux. So they were on zantac until they were 9 months old. They were instantly changed. About the Vitamin D drops. All of my kids have had issues with the regular stuff so a nurse recommended Ddrops that are 400 IU. It is in a brown bottle with a little sun on it. All you need to give them is a tiny drop instead of a huge dropper. It has been great.