Saturday, November 8, 2008

One Year (and a little bit) Later


I praise God for the opportunity to take pictures like this with my second daughter.
The ache for Autumn is still there. Each day with Peyton is sweet and yet carries subtle longing for the child I lost. Sometimes I just stare at Peyton as she sleeps and tears of mingled joy and sorrow come to my eyes. Jesus knows - and this comforts me more than I can say. I'm not overwhelmed... just thankful for both my girls and the lessons I have learned because of both their lives.
But for this perfect little hand - full of life and trying to move away as I take a picture - I am amazed, humbled and so, SO grateful.

6 comments:

Susan said...

Full of thankfulness and joy for you Kendall!

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting here looking through tears at Autumn's hand and Peyton's hand side by side on your blog. You said it well on Autumn's tombstone - God gives and He takes away. Blessed be His name forever. God bless you. Your faith has been such an encouragement to us all.

Anissa
Scottdale, PA

Dianna said...

I love the picture. Your writing is so real and true.

Norma said...

You have a beautiful daughter now but I expect a part of you will always miss Autumn. As Peyton grows she will hear about her sister in heaven - a place that will probably more real to her because of this.

Rosanna Toews said...

Joy and sorrow - side by side - one doesn't cancel the other - all is held in His safe and mighty hands. Grateful with you for His knowing embrace.

Peyton is beautiful.

Beth said...

Truely beautiful....as my heart feels what you are feeling too.