Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Ahhh... Toasty!

I used to mock my mom for this.
(I know - I'm a bad daughter.)
Now Kurt and I eagerly watch the calender with bated anticipation rivaled only by Christmas morning itself...

It's time for the Fireplace Channel (in HD, no less!)!!


(Peyton is pointing and saying, "Hot.")
24 hours a day. 7 days a week.
Yuletide spirit on Star Choice 268...
And a merry Christmas to all 'cause it's free!

B0-yeah.

We literally giggled when it showed up on our TV listings. We were so sad last year when they cut it off after New Year's Day.
Look - the irony of me having a real-live fireplace right beside the tv isn't lost on me, okay? I just like my fires big.
And it's mine (all mine!) to enjoy for a whole month.
Bring on the eggnog and Christmas jingles - this girl's got the spirit!

7 comments:

Kim said...

Niiiiice.... :P
I had no idea my life was so incomplete without satellite TV!

Mrs Manz said...

You know it.
BTW: Kurt read this and said, "It's channel 2-FIFTY-8."
So I stand corrected.

Lindsay said...

I love that channel too! I actually feel warmer just watching it :) Peyton won't get confused and try to touch real fire thinking it won't be hot, will she? I'm concerned!

Unknown said...

OMgosh! My husband came home with a DVD of this and I nearly keeled over. It's hilarious but ADDICTING, I'll admit.

Anonymous said...

No fire place channel on Sasktel Max but I did see the Christmas music channel!

Mrs Manz said...

The pointing is about as far as it goes: she's doing that because she knows the other fireplace (which is only gas, btw) is "hot". :)
I know about the DVD - they used to put that on at the nursing home where I worked during Christmas and I laughed then. But this morning I found myself staring at the flames mesmerized. (grin) Addictive!

Lindsay said...

she's a smart girl :)