Monday, December 14, 2009

And Sings My Soul

Today while walking, this song came up with the perspective I need for life. This past week has been a battle, but God is using a lot of things to remind me of where he's brought me from.
My heart's cry is the chorus...

"Bring The Rain"
Mercy Me

I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise You with all that I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You?
--
Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray,
--
"Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain."
--
I am Yours regardless of
The dark clouds that may loom above
Because You are much greater than my pain
You who made a way for me
By suffering Your destiny
So tell me what's a little rain?
So I pray,
--
"Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain."

*This song is on my list at the side: it's a random cycle - but if you click "forward" enough you'll eventually find it if you want to listen to it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful song, beautiful thoughts. Thanks for sharing, Kendall.

Unknown said...

I agree...great song..solid TRUTH!!! I love you dear one.. :)

Rosanna Toews said...

big sigh... and tears that pooled quickly as I began reading these last posts are now rolling down my cheeks... I can relate to the heavy feeling these last weeks... thanks for your honesty... and for choosing to trust God again and again. you are in my heart these days...

Beth said...

I can't count the many times this song has brought me comfort or allowed me to shed some tears. The Lord truely knows is best for us..even if there are time when it feel like alot of rain..he is still there. Some of the best advice we got after Lily's passing was to keep a spiritual mind..that is the only way to comprehend the loss and feel ok about it. It still holds true today. Just to think of where our little ones are, and along with the pain, my heart can feel joy for her. Praying for you still...

Kelsie-Lynn said...

Thanks for sharing. I needed it today for different reasons but God spoke to me. Thank you! Still praying.

R.A. said...

Been praying for you. So glad God is bringing you comfort. You're really an encouragement, too, as you look to God in all things.

Mrs Manz said...

Thank you everyone. Glad to know I wasn't the only one encouraged by the song.:)