Saturday, May 22, 2010

Seven Years Ago Today

(I'm on a theme)
While I wait for Kurt to get home so we can rush to the city for a good friend's wedding, I'm reminded of the anticipation this day held for me 7 years ago.

The guy I was madly in love with took me for a picnic, wrote me a poem, told me he loved me - asked me to marry him - and gave me a ring that to this day I still get compliments on. (I always say, "Yes. And he picked it out all by himself!" To which everyone says, "Ohhh!") Without a doubt, one of the best days of my life.

That memory has an all-encompassing happy haze around it that is a great place to re-enter if we're having some tough days.

What a ride.

Happy May 22nd, everyone.
But especially you, my hottie-hubby. :) I love you.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

I've never seen your ring. Post a picture please!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see your ring also!!