Friday, May 28, 2010

Babysitting

Today I am so, so, soooo thankful for a job that is flexible enough to let me come home for a few hours due to a lack of babysitters. Kurt and I kinda got our wires crossed today and there ended up being 2 hours where Peyton would have had to be left at home alone. Since that wasn't really an option, we've juggled our schedules to cover the whole day. Not too stressful - I'm just amazed how easy it was to come up with a solution.

I have to say that if I'm here feeling like I'm "babysitting" Peyton we have a blast. I know I have to go back to work at 11, so I'm not thinking about the laundry that is piling up, or the dirty bathroom(s) that needs to be cleaned, or dusting my living room. I'm just enjoying the morning with my daughter. :)

And I think she enjoyed it too: we read books, played with her dolls, gave everyone needles (she was obviously impacted by her Public Health visit a couple of weeks ago - chuckle), and eventually, we went to her room and rocked while singing lullabies. The lullaby thing is relatively new for her: her favorites are "Rock-a-be-be" (Rock-a-bye Baby) and "Papa" (Hush-little-Baby). :) She calms right down and snuggles her blanket until it gets too cramped for her and she tells me, "kib" (crib). I settled her in, kissed her forehead and then had a few minutes to blog besides! :)

So to all you busy mommies out there, if you can take a break from being a mom for even a little while and pretend you're a babysitter... it's a nice change of pace. :) I sure enjoyed it this morning!

1 comment:

Mrs Manz said...

post script: as soon as she was sleeping I slipped back into a mommy role: dusting, cleaning - scarfing down food!
Sigh.
;-D