Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Family Photo

A tiny sample of our family photo-shoot with Julie Cortens on the 19th of September.














In other news, I've picked an end date for work. After a heart-to-heart with my doctor which revealed that I'm a little to... cumbersome (?) to continue to work this job in it's full-capacity right now, I've sent in the paperwork to my manager
It's actually a relief.
2-more 8-hour shifts to go!
--
I woke up the other morning and realized I'm only days away from my 30th birthday. Sheesh.
--
I bought the baby's 'going-home' outfit yesterday. It's amazing what a leap of faith it feels like.
I felt that way after we bought Peyton's 'Apple-of-Daddy's-Eye' onsie, too.
I woke up at 5 am this morning (thanks bladder!) and couldn't get back to sleep because I hadn't felt her move.
So I poked and prodded and jostled until I felt some wiggles... which enabled me to be able to drift back off.
She avenged herself by a series of super hard kicks which actually hurt. It was kinda like, "Now you know how it feels!" (chuckle)
Sorry, Goobers.
--

4 comments:

Victoria said...

I remember poking my children several times in the womb when I hadn't felt them move in a while. I'm sure those babies wonder what in the world we're doing waking them up! Enjoy the calm before the storm (sleepless nights, etc.) :).

R.A. said...

I've woken my nieces up before just because I couldn't tell if they were breathing or not.

Unknown said...

Kendall,
I hope your 30th birthday brings you joy beyond measure! I too was pregnant on my 30th. But I was pregnant with my first child. You're a bit ahead of me in that respect - probably have more enrgy too. :)
Anyway, you are very dear to my heart and since I can't be there to celebrate with you I'll celebrate right here on your blog...ahem...
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! KENDALL MANZ IS A WONDERFUL CHRISTIAN WOMAN! SHE IS A DEAR FRIEND TO ME AND MANY OTHERS (just take a peek at her facebook friends list or right here at the counter on her blog - sheesh!!) SHE IS A TERRIFIC MOMMY WHO INSPIRES ME TO LOVE MY OWN KIDS MORE. SHE ADORES HER HUBBY AND RESPECTS HIM AND THAT IS A RARE JEWEL IN THIS WORLD. BEST OF ALL KENDALL KNOWS WHERE SHE'S SAFE...IN HER HEAVENLY FATHERS ARMS AND SHE TRUST HIM WITH HER HURTS AND HER JOYS!! AND SHE IS SOOOOO FUNNY AND CLEVER TOO.
I PRAISE GOD FOR YOU, LADY.
Have a very happy birthday.
You are loved.
Laur

Sarah Robbins said...

Your pictures turned out so great!

What did you get for a going home outfit? I have been looking for something I like and just can't decide. January makes it a little tricky!