Tuesday, September 7, 2010

What's That Smell?

I came home the other morning to get a cup of coffee and check my tire pressure.
When I came in the door, Kurt was on the phone, but I heard Peyton yell, "Mommy! Mommy!"

"I'm here, Peyton!" I called back.

She raced towards me as I came around the corner of the doorway, and threw herself with abandon into my arms.

My first thought was, "This is so nice. She doesn't always do this..."

My second was, "Hold the phone. What's that smell?"

Yepper.
The little girl was not only diaperless, but but she left a large streak of fecal matter all down my left arm. She had been sitting on the potty waiting for her Daddy to clean her up - but due to his distraction on the phone she was able to make a premature escape.

I reminded myself (during my impromptu wardrobe change) that I had planned on washing the bunny hug anyway, thanks to the muddy water that had dripped on it earlier from the hatch of my CR-V.

Baptized with poop.
I guess I'm officially a parent now.

*shrug*

5 comments:

Kim said...

hahaha!
Niiiice.
Thanks for sharing a moment that, while I don't have an identical memory, I can definitely relate to :)

Sarah Robbins said...

That is awesome! You have to save that one to tell her future dates. . . My friend's little boy once tried to "help" by changing his brother's diaper. Now that was a smelly mess. . . That is one part of parenting I can hold off on!

Unknown said...

Ah yes, the fecal matter baptism...blessings all around! I have too many poopy memories. That's very cute though, that she couldn't contain herself and came running for you! That's love!!

Lindsay said...

ha ha. I think Daddy owes you one :)

rachel joy said...

eww. bunny hug?