Sunday, January 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Baby

Dear Kurt,
Where do I begin? Does a mere "Thank you for marrying me" suffice when my heart wants to burst with the love I have for you?
So often I tell you what an amazing gift you are to me - the best I've ever received from the Lord second only to my salvation.
I hope you don't get tired of hearing the "same old thing" (chuckle) but today I want to take the time and try to express how rich my life is because of the love you lavish upon me.
Thank you for the past 90 days. I know there have been some really difficult times for you as you have battled not only your own grief - but your feelings of inadequacy when trying to comfort me. You've learned to hold me as I weep, sit and listen as I've needed to talk, and consider my needs above your own.You amaze me with your thoughtfulness, gentleness, and Christlikeness in so many ways.
While some men may be content to talk about what they "should" do to for their wives - I see you, my love, doing for me... and I am humbled.
You are such a wonderful leader - and even as it is no burden to follow the Lord because I know He loves me - following you is so liberating because I know you truly do try to take me into account as you make decisions and undertake actions for
our good.
I am so sad for you that your birthday is the first celebrated without our daughter. I know that was hard for you to think that although you have been given another year, we will not celebrate even one of those milestones with Autumn. I saw the tears fill your eyes yesterday - and I loved you more for your continuing grief.
I pray for you daily, honey. I ask the Lord to give us many more years together. It amazes me how He allows us to find such happiness in each other in spite of the circumstances. I've come to the conclusion that He does so because we encourage each other to look at Him first.
This, also, humbles me.
I hope - and pray - that this year will bring great joy for us. That we can know each other, and the Lord, more and more.
Happy birthday, honey. I love you always...
Your Kendall
xxxxoooo


















PS: I know your birthday was actually yesterday - but this was my first opportunity to post. :)

No comments: