Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wednesday

Some stuff that is one my mind, lately:

Celebrities: Whether it be Brittney Spears' mental instability, or Heath Ledger's (seemingly) drug-induced death... I feel so bad for these people this week. They are clearly so unhappy. How is it that I, who have lost my only child, can still be happy when they - who seemingly get everything they want (and I know that isn't true, either) are so obviously miserable with their lives? They are in bondage to the life of luxury. The life that everyone envies. But all their mistakes are displayed for all the world to see. If anyone ever wanted to see living proof that physical attractiveness or money, or fame do guarantee happiness - look at the state of Hollywood. It humbles me, and makes me thank the Lord for the simplicity of life and contentedness I find in Him. I found myself praying for these people (who really are people) including Heath Ledger's 2-year old daughter who now will grow up without a father.

"The Trip": Ah-ha-ha-ha-ha! (really can't contain my glee about this one) In 5 days my beloved and I are flying away from this deary and frozen land (today's temp? -20 C/-4 F) to the desert. I hope it is really, really cold the morning we leave... but then it can warm up (within reason) as soon as we fly away. I said that for you, Daddy. :) Pity the person/persons we ask to take us to the airport by 4:30 am next Monday... watch out Grace Fellowship - we'll be trolling for volunteers on Sunday. We can't wait to see our friends, spend some time together, and get away from winter for a few days.

My Hair: Okay - so the story goes that last year - after months and months of not being able to get pregnant -I did two things: got a dog, and cut my hair. Within two weeks of each, I was pregnant. If I were superstitious, I would be running out to get my hair chopped off again and Oscar would have a playmate. However - I'm not. And after a year of growing my hair back out, I'm still irritated that I cut in the first place. Definitely a lesson in hastiness. And Oscar... well, he's enough puppy love on his own. :) On Friday I'm going to get some major work done on my hair. I'm so excited! Incidentally, that will happen just before "the trip". Yes, yes - I coordinated it to be the case... vanity indeed. :)

Realtors: So, most people know we're looking to sell our house. The time line isn't important, or exact... but we have started the interview processes. The nice thing about Saskatoon's hot housing market right now is that many people are eager to work for us. :) The variety of personalities and approaches is stunning. The good news? Most have been really nice. Only a few have been pretty "intense" (meaning I raise my eyebrows and think, "You intimidate me."). (LOL!) I feel very special that these people want to work for us. And the ones that compliment my clean house and wonderful decorating have a special place in my heart. Yes - vanity again! (lol)

Dates: Not "dating" kind of dates - but Kurt heard on the news the other day that the 21st of January is supposedly the most depressing day of the year. I'm not sure if that stat is world-wide, or Canadian... but it was mildly interesting. I don't think Monday was that bad for me. Praise God. :)

Wal-Mart: This place has become an essential part of my life. I have a Wal-Mart specific list that is full of variety and unrelated things. Pictures, day-planner, nail-polish and sandwich meat. What a store! (I could probably get these at Superstore, too... but going to Superstore is so everyday. Going to WalMart is an event.)

Laundry: I'm just doing it today so I'm thinking about it. I actually don't mind doing laundry. There is something so... pleasingly housewifely about it. It makes the house smell great, it keeps my husband clothed (vanity again!), and I love getting it done. Having two baskets in my closet cuts down the whole 'sorting' step, too.

Thank-You Cards
: This is something I've been wanting to get started for a while. We had so many reach out to us when Autumn died. I haven't forgotten any of you! But to sit down and write "thank you"s has been a huge task that I haven't been ready for. Until now. I think. :) I'll keep you posted on this one. Pray for me. It really takes me back to read them - and I want to really express to people how much their reaching out meant to us... so nothing like pressure to fine-tune clarity, right? (sigh) :)

Lunch: Um... my tummy is rumbling. :) Time for this post to end!

Talk to you soon - thanks for reading!

5 comments:

Victoria said...

So, I have to admit, it was a little surreal when I heard that Heath Ledger had died. I didn't know him personally, but it was just strange and sad.

Wal-Mart tends to drive me crazy--too many people!

Have fun on your trip. If you're ever itching to come to a very non-wintery place, you're welcome to visit us (although it is raining this week--yes, LA gets rain from time to time).

I'm doing laundry too which I have to go get now. I don't have the luxury of a washer and dryer in our apartment, but the laundry room is just downstairs.

Anonymous said...

Kendal, Wal-Mart to me is like being in a demolition derby with a bad-ass blue cart and not being able to crash into anyone!

It's really depressing because over the Mic I hear, "Associate for clean up of spilled milk in Aisle 3"; whereas what I want to hear is,

"Ohhhhh, Plaganizer in his Heavy Chevy just creamed Manzster in his "Done Like Dinner Dodge" and there is no coming back from this one."

"You are absolutely right, Ted. Michael knew what he was doing when he rammed that Chevy into the rolls of toilet paper. That is a critical hit and Kurt will face serious repercusions for that when he goes to his 'throne'.".

Dianna said...

Kendal I've felt encouraged and in awe even reading your blog I hope u don't mind. [Do u?} I also have a blog and want to invite u if you are interested e-mail me at lendihofer@hotmail.com and I can invite you into our lives as I made our blog private. I'm also a christian married with 2 sweet children. The Lord is blessing us daily, Hope to hear from u and hope we can get to know each other I live in Miami manitoba

Janelle said...

man i loved Heath. and it's actually kind depressing that i was really upset when i heard about it. but i agree with you - i don't laugh at Britney as much as i ache to help her. that post partum can be horrible - i've had it - and if someone helped her 2 years ago - she wouldn't be in this mess. i pray for her & little Matilda too...someone has to.
as for Black Monday (Jan 21) i was VERY happy that you enjoyed that day - it was my birthday and i was so sad that it didn't get the recognition it deserved. haha...
and as for selling your home - gotta say - we bought & sold Saskhouses and would never do anything other than that. it saved us so much money and was way less work than we thought it would be. but if you're looking for a great realtor i highly recommend...Michael Kinar with Hallmark. he's really great.
AND about your trip - i'm nothing but jealous & i'm ok to admit it! :)
BIG HUGS my dear. enjoy your time away!! :)

Janelle said...

http://www.michaelkinar.com/