Sunday, January 27, 2008

Up, Up and Awwwwaaayyyy...

Here we go!
As a blizzard rips through Saskatoon's streets tonight, I'm thinking how crazy it is that we'll be in Arizona in about 12 hours.
We shipped Oscar off to the farm with my folks tonight. That silly dog didn't even wave goodbye as he perched beside Aunty Michele (or on Aunty Michele) in the Mazda 6! Mom sent me an email tonight saying that he is missing us a "little bit" but only because he has to. I hope he remembers us when we get back. :)
Our packing is pretty much done and Murray, our faithful friend, will be here to pick us up at 4:45 am. (wince)
I suppose one advantage of a limited wardrobe is that there isn't a whole-lotta dilemma when asking myself "What shall I pack?" :)
That said, Kurt checked out the temperature at the Grand Canyon (yes - contrary to my previous post, I do want to see the Grand Canyon) and it is only about zero degrees. So we still have to take our mitts and jackets... which seems funny and a little bit unfair for a 'hot' trip. :)
I checked the weather where we're going tonight: 13 above and rain. (A delighted smile is on my face.) Rain I can take... and the rest of the week is forecast to be between 14-16 degrees. Nice. :)
By comparison: Click for Saskatoon's weather here.
I'm not sure what it will be when you click it - but right now it is -14, with a -27 wind chill and tomorrow is supposed to be -20 with a -32 wind chill. A good day to fly away! :)
Okay... just for the heck of it, I'll include a handy conversion link for those who understand temperatures in Fahrenheit.
Before I sign off, one more thing:
I know Kurt's gonna say, "Don't broadcast that we're leaving, Kendall!" (chuckle)
Since I highly doubt that anyone who reads this blog is of such nefarious character, I'm not too worried about that, but for my hubby's sake I'll put this little note:

If you're thinking of robbing us, you're a twit. (Is "twit" too harsh? LOL!)
And
, if you're a jerk, remember there are 2 burly guys who also live here and they're not leaving. :)

I'll try to post something when we're down there... but I can't guarantee if I'm having just "too much fun". :)
Love,
kendall for the manzville pair

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you two are having a great time in the much nicer weather than Saskatoon! The temperatures are only getting colder so I think this was a good week to miss. Say hi to everyone for us!
Love Jess and Kiley

Beth said...

Hope you enjoy your trip!!!

Dianna said...

Hope your trip is a fun filled and blessed one!