Monday, March 3, 2008

17 Days Until Spring! (Yeah right...)

How did it get to be March already?

Okay... so I realize I haven't done anything past 'Arizona - Day 2'... and hopefully that will change soon. And... I actually took some video (poor quality because it was our camera) at the Grand Canyon - so I'd like to put that up.

In the meanwhile... here is more proof of my daring adventures on the mile-high (literally) South Rim. I hadn't yet purchased (or read) the book "Over the Edge: Death in the Grand Canyon" which would have made the parking lot close enough for me. Yep - people have died where I'm standing. Or - more accurately - below where I am standing. Semantics.

Anyway - I didn't know that yet - so here is the picture. :)


Oh - and one more thing: Our furnace broke this morning. I'm walking around wrapped in a blanket. Seriously.
It would be one thing if it was mild, but it's still -13 (-22 with the wind chill) and not a great time for the motor to blow. We open doors as little as possible - and I'll probably stick a roast or something in the oven to warm up the house a little bit.
So as I write, Kurt and my dad (who just arrived and laughed at me walking around wrapped in a blanket) are downstairs trying to fix it.
Hope it works! I'm having trouble feeling my fingers (but no trouble with exaggeration, obviously...) so I'll dash downstairs now to see how they're doing...
Stay tuned!
Blessings everyone!

3 comments:

Victoria said...

I used to turn on our oven and open its door to keep our place warm. That's when we had free gas--a little trick my friend Kelley taught me during college. Now we pay for our gas use and have a heater, so either way it costs money to get warm. I hope yours works. It's a little colder in Canada than in Southern California (just a little :)). Do you have a fire place?

Mrs Manz said...

Yeah - I thought about the oven door open... but we do pay for gas - and I think the furnace is almost fixed... (my dad left and Kurt is just wiring in the new motor) so I'll just keep going up and down the stairs and folding laundry. Keeps me heated... :)
We don't have a fireplace in this house - but the one we're buying does. Yay! :) (Just in time for summer... rolling eyes):)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update :) Y'know that Kurt is somethin' else...but as Jay always says, (actually he got it from Red Green)"If they don't find you handsome they'd better find you handy." Fortunatly our men have both in their corners. :) Great job Kurt! Missing you guys today...yet VERY thankful for our weather in sunny AZ. Don't worry though, before long I'll be wishing I was in Canada...seriously it's so hot here in the summer you can fry an egg on the sidewalk and the tires melt to the asphault if you park too long. Amazing the temp differences, huh.
Love you.