Thursday, August 28, 2008

Post 2 of 9 (August 24th-August 30th)

Hi!
Some updates:

- Blood pressure issue has really settled down. In fact, I've taken myself off the drugs. (I'm sure my doctor loathes having nurses as patients...) I can pretty much tell when I'm feeling winded/tired - and then I can make the choice to sit and be still. Today I clocked my pulse at a nice and steady 88 beats per minute. Praising God!

- Aghhh.... how can 9 (almost 8!) weeks seem like so short looking backwards and so far looking forwards?

- The 21st was a really emotional day for me. 10 months... so many milestones unreached. God gave great strength - and I am thankful.

- I'm getting baby fever. Very definite baby fever. Every little move she makes is bringing both delight, anxiety, anticipation and impatience. I want to hold our baby, alive and squirming, as soon as I can. Kurt and I were discussing who would hold her first. He will. :) (and we didn't arm-wrestle...)

- Work is really winding down. Seriously. I have only 2 more scheduled 8-hour shifts before the date of the induction. The second is the day I hope to be induced. :) It's okay, though - I'm getting really tired and sore a lot sooner than I was...

- We're kinda wrapped up in the democratic national convention right now. By "we" I mean "Kurt" and by "Kurt" I mean "us" because although he was gone last night, I found myself watching Joe Biden's speech. These one-flesh relationships are strange...

- Kurt took me away on a romantic weekend (on Monday and Tuesday) he surprised me on Monday morning by telling me to pack an overnight bag, and we went to the city where he had booked a jacuzzi suite, and a BIG steak dinner at the Keg. I was appropriately impressed. :) I love him more than ever... and that says a lot. Tuesday was doctor and dentist - still kinda romantic - but in a functional way.

- Speaking of dentist: I found the best one ever. The office looks like a spa (I know 'cause I've been to one) and the chairs have massage features, there are LCD televisions on the ceiling, and they offer complimentary parafin wax treatments while you're getting worked on. :) I love free-enterprise health care!

- I've been spending lots of hours (the free ones, that is) working on Autumn's album. It's coming along quite well. I'm really pleased with the results - and the process has been really emotional - but helpful. If I can figure out how to scan and post them in high-quality I'll do that one of these days. On one of my many upcoming days off. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad things continue to go well with the pregnancy. I worked on Felicity's book a lot in the last month or so before our next one arrived. It was good and hard and sooo worth it.

Praying for continued blessing on this pregnancy...

Anonymous said...

My brother-in-law is going to school for dentistry--I'll have to tell him to include some of those features in his office!

I'm praying for you in these next eight weeks!

Beth said...

Hey,
So glad your blood pressure deal is better. I know there is enough to worry about without any extra things coming up. I hope that the next 9 weeks goes by fast and peacefully for you. I have two weeks to go and it still seems so far away...but the Lord has really eased my mind and given a lot of comfort the last week. I am thankful for that, cause otherwise I find my mind being a basketcase trying to count kicks 24/7 and trying to feel what position the baby is in. (Lily was breech, not sure if you knew that) Anyways, I hope you guys have a great weekend and you are in my prayers for the weeks ahead.

Victoria said...

I find it funny that you two pay attention to US politics. I am so sick of this election that the second I see anything related to it, I flip the channel as quickly as I can.

I can't believe that you are so close to the induction date! Enjoy these last few weeks while she's still in the womb. Your life is about to change forever :). I will be praying for you three as the day approaches!

Sarah Robbins said...

Kendall,

So glad things are going well. Will you post pictures of Autumn's book as you finish them? I'd love to see how it is coming along. Your romantic weekend sounds like a blast! Nice work, Kurt!!!

Dianna said...

Will think of you as your induction date comes nearer. I too will be induced. In fact this upcoming Monday. I'm both excited and nervous at the same time. Blessings to you

Anonymous said...

We are praying for the final stretch....in all stretches :) I can totally relate to being glued to the tv during the conventions, another one this week. Love the FOX coverage. So please tell me who this dentist is......I am looking for one.

God Bless
The Fannons